Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ghost in the machine

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BanksBurban, Feb 25, 2003.

1. BanksBurban

BanksBurban Registered Member

I was leaving work today and when I put it in reverse to back out of the parking spot, as soon as I stepped on the gas, the left rear window went down on it's own. I stopped and tried to roll it back up, but it wouldn't. I shut it off and started it back up and it was fine and wouldn't do it again.
    It was acting like a dog that knew it was going to the vet LOL, cuz I dropped it off at the tranny shop this morning /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wierd...huh?

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

yeah, i have one of those too! two weeks ago i was talking to the barber while having a hair cut and we were talking about my truck. it came down to me saying that i had replaced everything except the motor. so on the 6 mile drive from there to my house, the damn thing spins a main bearing and starts knocking and running like crap, 1 week later the old motor is on a stand in the garage and the other one is in and running

3. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

I've had that happen except mine went up. The switch shorted out in the dash. Must be all the water that tends to get in there. I believe my ghost is surviving on gas. I put $49 in Saturday and it is almost empty today. Expensive ghost!

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just put half a tank in and it was $30. Diesel is getting expensive, but ya can't beat the fuel mileage and towing!!

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Sounds like maybe someone has been permanently borrowing some to me. I used to have a gas stealing problem until I put a sign on my barn that said "anyone found here at night will be found here in the morning". It's actually meant to keep GM workers from sleeping in warehouses but...

Anyway, premium (89 octane here) is up to $1.95/gallon. Anyone that feels it a necessity to steal my petrol will find a $.04 CCI .22 caliber bullet in their butt.