Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gibson exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KILLERK5, Oct 21, 2000.

1. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking about getting a bolt on cat-back system. The Gibsons are pretty cheap, but i havent ever seen or heard one. Has anybody else? How is the sound and performance?

thanks
    kalej

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I've heard them, and youd be happier with Flowmasters probably. they sound a lot better.

90K5

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I had one[​IMG]. Up until Wednesday my tag line said 3" Gibson. I hated it[​IMG]. I bought it because some sales guy talked it up to me about a year and a half ago[​IMG]. So I spent 50 bucks more than the Flowmaster system on it. It sounds okay, barely okay. Deeper than your stock system, but not louder. Actually sounds better in cab then outside. Also found out later that Flowmaster out flows it, so you will get better performance gains with a Flowmaster. If you want noise and sound, value for cost, durability, and availablity, get a Flowmaster exhaust put on by your favorite exhaust shop. If you want a quiet system, get a Flowmaster 70 series muffler, as quiet as a Gibson, but still flows better. I ended up giving myself a Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow 3" in/out muffler for my birthday on Wednesday. The Gibson had nothing wrong with it, wasn't rusting or anything, just was tired of people not believing me when I said I had an aftermarket exhaust on there. Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]