Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Giggling like a school girl**update 5-23-5...pics**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stomper, May 21, 2005.

1. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Sorry this got a little long :)

Welp, the day started at about 5:15 this a.m. Nice and early :puke: Was on my way to Minneapolis to pick up some tools and equipment from an online auction that I won….HA. Got there at 10:30 and by 11 I was on my way home.

Now, on my way I had been looking for 1 Ton trucks or anything of the like just to pass the time. But I didn’t see any so on the way home I chose a different route. I don’t know about anyone else but I find myself looking at all pickups front ends like a starving dog.

Anywho, I get about 1/3 of the way home and I spot an old ford, just guessing at 65 that it was a 78’ or 79’. So I pull off at the next road and flip it around and head back, I figure it can’t hurt to look. So I pull in to the lot and cruse over to the back row beauty, hop out of the car and I see a five gallon bucket of a front hub stairing back at me. It had been raining all morning so I did my best to get a good look under it with out getting all wet. 8 bolts holding the knuckle on, YES. At that point I walk around to the pass side just to kick the tires, so to speak. Then it dawns on me that the center section is on the passenger side??? Three u-bolt and two studs. Never seen a Chevy axle swapped for a Ford before??

So at that point I figure I’ll go up to the office and see how bad they want to burn me. Walk inside, meet a salesman, he asks if he can help me with anything. I asked, how much for the 75’ Ford out back. And he asked if that was the diesel :confused: . I told him I didn’t know, never thought to pop the hood :rolleyes: It’s a ford who cares…lol

He went to ask the manager what they wanted because the truck was just traded yesterday. Comes back and tells me they want $1950 for it. I give him the no thanks look, but like a good salesman he twists my arm to take it for a drive.

What the heck I say. So he goes to get the truck and parks out front and I walk out to the lot. Now it gets pretty interesting at this point. I’ve been around trucks along time and I’ve never heard a Ford that sounded like this. So I pop the hood to take a look. Someone had dropped a Dodge Cummins in it, hence the dodge front d60.

Ok, at this point I’ve about had an accident in my pants.(the good kind) And I’m having a hard time keeping my **** eating grin under control. Have got to play it cool….hehe Hop in, take it about a mile and come back, the whole time I’m giggling like a little girl. Put the serious face back on and go in to the show room, he asked me what I thought, it drove great, I say. So I ask if he’ll take $1500? Off to the manager he goes, comes back and say as long as we do it today you got a deal.. happy happy joy joy :saweet: :saweet: Need less to say it is parked in the yard tonight :pimp1:

This truck has every dodge gauge in the dash, power door locks, power widows, steering column, radio, heat control, Pyrometer, tachometer, trans, t-case, every thing, I keep finding things every time I look around it. Also, has auxiliary fuel tank in the bed with an electric pump. AND, A BIG DICE SHAPED SHIFT KNOB

Not sure what year the engine is but the odometer says 180,000 +….looks just broke in to me.

I can’t wait to get the Crew cab and do the swap in to a Chevy where it belongs…hehehe

Last edited: May 23, 2005
  2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Deal of a lifetime!

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

OH NO! now what is the plan?? Nice score.

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Pics STAT.... :grin:

5. cybrfire

OK phew, I missed this at first. When is the crewcab trip??

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So if You got it for $1500, then whom ever traded it in must have lost their ass on that truck. Unless the car lot got it at some auction. Pretty clear those guy's are car salesman and not a car guy's.

BTW You suck :wink1: :waytogo:

7. Stomper

I've got to sell something before the trip, That was my crew cab fund ;)

8. cybrfire

:doah:

9. Stomper

Found out this morning that it has power mirrors also :haha:

Yep, whoever traded must have lost their ass big time.

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

PICS!!!!! :D :D

Sounds like a great score!

Rene

11. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

if you could just drop that off at my house before the end of the week, i'd appreciate it. thanks

========
    seriously though, great find dude. so you're just gonna yank out the diesel and drop it in your chevy. i'd drop a motor in the ford and wheel that too. or use it as you "big scary hillbilly truck". :D

12. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

(Napolean Dynamite Voice) LUCKY
    Nice score man.

13. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

sweetness

14. Stomper

I went to work and got the digital camera, only to arrive home with all of the disc space full and the only disc with space is still at work :doah: I'll get some tomorrow after work.

OffRoad: sorry but I think I lost your address ;) But this is destined for Towrig duty. I've already got it's little brother to wheel with(someday) :o

Drey: you done with school yet? You should stop up some time!

15. Stomper

Here are a few pics....I'm trying to figure out the age of the engine and I can't find the date stamp on the little plate that has all the specs. At least that is where my 4bt has the date stamp. Any help? Think I should change the air filter? :eek:

it's a 160hp 400ft lbs. Intercooler, the truck has ABS and an O/D auto with a on/off switch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

she sure is ugly!!!
    love the dash though the wood grain really acsentuates the stearing wheel

that air filter should be fine for another 120 000 miles dont worry!

17. tRustyK5

It even has the dodge steering column and wheel...

Good score!

Rene

18. Stomper

Yep, and power seat, mirrors....That poor dodge didn't see what hit it :p: .....He gutted it :D

19. tRustyK5

Check the frame and diff's... :D

Could be a Ford body on a Dodge roller with dodge guts...

Rene

20. Stomper

Well, the diffs are dodge....I was wondering about the frame also. When I get some time I'll have to take a closer look :D At this point nothing will suprise me with this truck...