Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gimme Abuse Stories, I need to justify Dana 60/14 Bolt!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, Sep 11, 2001.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Sep 7, 2001
    So I've got a 1/2 ton Dana 44 in the front , corporate 12 bolt in the back, unknown geers still, a stout 350 and 33' tires. Just how much abuse can I expect to get out of these before "SNAP" or "CRUNCH", abuse stories are welcome!

What, Me Worry?
  2. Price out a new set of 10 bolts and then a used set of 60/14. It worked for me on my 88 K5 five years ago.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>I Like my Burb'n on the ROCKS !!
    <font color=black>Imported to Kentucky through military channels !!
  3. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

Jun 10, 2001
    A friend of mine broke a D 44 right front axle while we were muddin 2 yrs ago. Got in the ruts in the mudhole and went to turn. the tire wedged in the ruts cause he tried to force the turn and the bead/seal of the tire broke, tire started goin flat, and the axle broke in the stress. On a 79 K10 SWB 350 Auto tranny w/ 31 x 10.5s. That may not be convincing enuff for ya, but there ya go. Stuff happens.

Neil H. Alabama.. "It's a full size thang, Jeep owners don't understand!!" '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2