Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Girl Problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 11, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I have a problem with being shy around girls and here is a little background from last night:

I had planned on going out with my good friend, his girlfriend, and 2 other single girls. Here is the problem. I have never what-so-ever had any interaction with these 2 girls before (except for one who was drunk that doesn't remember me /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif) So I go over to his house and they come over. For the first 30 minutes we sit on the bed and chair with everyone thinking on something to do (yes, we are boring) for the whole 30 minutes I don't say anything to the 2 girls. except for a laugh here and there about things they said. If you haven't noticed yet, I am shy. Then we walk down to the school to drop one of the girls off there. Since then I said "hi" and talked just a little bit with them. Nothing to be proud of. So eventually her parents come and pick her up. my friend and I walk home, I am empty handed with no phone number or anything to hang out again. Sometimes I feel like all the girls are whispering about how shy I am and it makes me not talk even more.

I have always been like this up until a few years ago it got a little better. It is only bad when there is people I don't know around me I start acting shy. When I am arround people I know I am myself and don't stop talking /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

If there is anything you guys/girls can say to help me over come this it would be great. I know alot of people are going to be thinking "what an idiot" and whatever else but I don't care. I feel that you guys can give me some adivice since most of you are older, and half or more are married.

The thing that worries me the most is when I move on out of school when meeting people is normal. Like for example, when I go to college, or I move to a new town, I am scared that I won't beable to make new friends, or meet a girl that I like and that likes me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

That is my story, like I said up there, any advice or encouragement or whatever would be good. Thanks

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

nut up dood and start talking. Just be yourself and be a gentleman. Do that and you'll be amazed how easy it is to get a date..and then some! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

man, i have the same exact problem, i am really shy around girls too. But if they start talkin to me i can carry on a conversation, but most of the time i keep to my self, and feel like they talk about me too. I hate bein shy, it sucks.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Eh you'll be alright, I don't know any people, who I like, and am friends with, though that's damn few, who would be an ass if you just wante to talk, if they are, you don't want to be talking to them anyway

I'd be more worried about having something interesting to say

"Geeee it's sure warm out"

"Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......."

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    nut up dood and start talking. Just be yourself and be a gentleman. Do that and you'll be amazed how easy it is to get a date..and then some! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    bingo.

im just me around everyone. the thing is i dont get along with guys my ageish... if thats a word.. anywho, just be you. shy isnt you. the reason you talk so much around friends is cus you dont talk enough around other people. just walk up to a random girl and look her right in the eye and say hello. you will be ammazed how much better you feel once you can do that without turning red.

Grant

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

First off one thing that willl help is if you are with a group of people you know well and are compfortable around to help keep your confidence up and keep you from feeling like the "new guy" I get just like you when I am around a bunch of people I don't know and none that I do. I am totally different when I have buddies around and someone else is the "new person"

Start a conversation with one of your buddies about anything, like the Jimmy or something(keep it simple on the lines a girl could understand, not about doublers and crossover. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) If the girl is paying attention and is not very shy herself she will probably jump in on the conversation and there ya' go, the ice is broken. You just need a way to get a conversation going. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I used to use friends to get a conv. started all the time and after a few mins it was "BTW,
    *I'm Bobby*....
    *I'm Danielle*"

3 years later and I am about to get engaged with her. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah I can totally relate to you man, I am a pretty shy fella myself and it does get sort of frustrating at times. I am hoping I will be able to stick it out there this fall when I enroll in college. Yeah, I sometimes use friends to meet or get to know girls, and it does help for me definitely. Good Luck.

Remington

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

oh no... thats another problem. I try to think of something to say, interesting but I can never think of something... I either always say hey, whats up, or not say anything. I will try to be myself next time. Thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Don't be worried about what others are thinkin of you and don't be scared. Chicks are like mountain lions, they can tell when your scared and then you don't get any 'tang. Whatever you do, don't let the conversation stop(unless your about to make out, then you need to shut the hell up and git busy!). Being in a group is very helpful since the conversation usually doesn't stop.

You said you get shy around people you don't know. Hell, I'm just the opposite. When I first meet someone I'm talkin my head off, but when I'm around my friends, I don't talk as much. I've heard all their bullshit and they've heard all mine... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just start going up to chicks at the store, at the mall, in a restaurant and ask them out. It doesn't really matter if you score a date or not, the idea is to get used to talking to random chicks....godspeed

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hey blazerguy, I like the idea of asking a bunch of people, even if I don't get a date, but I am still to shy to ask random people on a date, especially them real good looking ones /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I will try though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Are you shy about talking to everyone you dont know or just girls?

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just start going up to chicks at the store, at the mall, in a restaurant and ask them out. It doesn't really matter if you score a date or not, the idea is to get used to talking to random chicks....godspeed

[/ QUOTE ]

mamma always said practice makes perfect /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

that worked for me. and now that im better at it, i dont get kicked in the nuts as much.

here's a helpful line:

you: do you sleep on your stomach?
    girl: yes/no
    you: can i?

go get em tiger /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifwow coffee is crazy caffeinated....

13. 4wood

4wood 1/2 ton status

Here are the two real keys to dealing with-not just girls-anyone:
    1. Use names. People just love to hear their names. It is sometimes really flattering to walk up and say "Hey aren't you so-and-so?" because then they feel flattered that you know who they are AND that you want to meet them. The challenge to this is-especially when you go to college or a new town-you have to remember a bazillion names AND use them when you talk to those people. It's tough but I GARUANTEE you that it is well worth it.

2. Talk about them. Girls in particular just love to talk about themselves. Ask them about their hair, clothes, jewelry, etc. and then try to work something you have to say into what they say (including the truck as frequently as possible /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif). Once again, people feel flattered if you are interested in them.

If you work those two pointers in with your doubtlessly charming personality and a smile, then you are money. Trust me. Those tactics(and a goal post tearing down incident at the Auburn game) made me a pretty popular freshman. Best of luck!

14. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    especially them real good looking ones

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...you might start out with talking to butt-ugly heffers, they like to talk for some reason. It'll probably be easier to get dates with fat chicks too. Get a couple of those and practice your dating skills and once you have some experience under your belt(pun intended) you step up to the hotties....

Another tip: Watch out for the loose chicks. Sometimes it's hard to tell, but you'll figure it out pretty soon. If you come across these whores, just sleep with them and then don't talk to their slutty-ass again. The worst thing you can do is get attached to a whore, ask me how I know....that ****in bitch pisses me off.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Girls like to talk about themselves....not bragging, but just everyday type stuff....they don't want you to "fix" anything....they mostly just wanna talk about it....ask how things are going in school, plans for the summer, what music they like.....and then,,,Shut Up and Listen....don't babble...let 'em talk....don't try to impress 'em with all your truck stuff....there's time for that later....

And always remember......Don't matter how good lookin' they are....Somebody...Somewhere....is sick to death of 'em...

If you have insecurities...join the club...guarentee most girls have more than you do...

Girls (women) are more forgiving about looks than most guys are....guys tend to worry that their friends will rag 'em about dating an Ugly Fat girl...And we will Until you tell us about how she can suck start a Harley, then it's ok...

Lighten up and don't be so hard on yourself....most of the time we are our own worst enemy... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

My Best Ever pick up line....."Your boyfriend sure is lucky"....usually gets a LOT of information covered....

If all else fails.....whip it out and tie a knot in it.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

man, this is a good topic, ya see, im 19 and i dont go to college. i work 60 hours a week and then work on my truck for the rest of the time. i have a bunch of friends who i hang out with, and am not much of a partier. the only way i could possibly meet a girl besides one of my good friends, is to just start talking to random girls. i am pretty shy, so im tottaly different when i first meet them than i am once im comfortable with them. most girls dont understand what im about...but some day i will find one that doesnt mind. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

so if theres any girls out there around my age...send me a pm. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Eh you'll be alright, I don't know any people, who I like, and am friends with, though that's damn few, who would be an ass if you just wante to talk, if they are, you don't want to be talking to them anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell did you just say??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you shy about talking to everyone you dont know or just girls?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am alot more shy with girls I don't know...
    With guys I just meet it takes a few minutes then I start talking lots most of the time.

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey, I was **exactly** the same way. I'd rely heavily on friends to get the ice broken, or alcohol (/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif).

I used to be an on-air radio jock (people told me I had a radio voice, and I figured I'd never have to be around people), and they started sending me out to appearances that had no alcohol and extremely few people I know. I'd be forced to talk to people without a crutch, and it was agonizing. But it helped, I made some good friends, had some good times, and learned to be a little more comfortable around people I don't know. I'm still quite a recluse and don't talk to people I don't know, but it's gotten much better. I can muster up a witty comment now and then when my train is packed, broken AC and not moving...

Ya just gotta not worry about what they're gonna say about you when you turn around. Most times they forget you!

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    especially them real good looking ones

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...you might start out with talking to butt-ugly heffers, they like to talk for some reason. It'll probably be easier to get dates with fat chicks too. Get a couple of those and practice your dating skills and once you have some experience under your belt(pun intended) you step up to the hotties....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I go for the butt-ugly ones... what I am saying is that I want a average looking girl, not a girl that everyone hits on all the time. I hate that.

[ QUOTE ]
    Another tip: Watch out for the loose chicks. Sometimes it's hard to tell, but you'll figure it out pretty soon. If you come across these whores, just sleep with them and then don't talk to their slutty-ass again. The worst thing you can do is get attached to a whore, ask me how I know....that ****in bitch pisses me off.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've learned to stay away from the whores now, I've had to experiances, one last summer, then the 1st the summer of '02. What a piss off when you start liking 'em /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks everyone for your replies, It helps to know I am not the only one out there with this problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif All this is definitly help me, and it sure has encouraged me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif