Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GIRLS OF CK5- Less than 28 days to go, brothers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Can Can, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Can I please get some sort of confirmation from any of you out there who are planning on submitting a pic for consideration for the 2005 Girls of CK5 calendar?

There are 28 days left until the deadline and unless I get a few more pics the calendar won't be a go this year. I'm also leaving for a 2 week holiday in the middle of August and won't be back until the 29th, and don't want to come home and start working my tail off trying to get the spots filled.

So, please, speak up if you're planning on sending a pic my way.

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

got any spots left open or are they all spoken for?

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Should have ours tomorrow evening /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Can Can

As of today I have AT LEAST 4 spots to fill. There was a time that I was thinking I would be picking the cream of the crop from a bunch of submissions- now I'm just hoping that I get enough good pics to complete the calendar.

Apparently all the initial excitement over this year's issue was just a load of BS..... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I just got mine running today so very very soon we will be making a trip to the mountains to shoot some pics for submission. I hope to get pics before my Blazer sells.

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

If ..say that again.. if I can get this darn 86 back together I will have a sharp ride with a blinging grill, I could just toss kristian on the hood,

I can definitly get it done and have a great Arizona background, just let me know if you want me to make it happen, gives me a added reason to get motivated

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Can I submit an under construction pose?

My truck is in pieces and my wife said she might pose. If I can, I will talk to her and get out the camera! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I will submit a pic but I still haven't gotten it painted.

9. big pappa b

This one isn't about the trucks so much as it is the wimmen's /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    This one isn't about the trucks so much as it is the wimmen's /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe for you.

11. big pappa b

Oh yeah, forgot I was talking to the "Bling master" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Paul,
    Save Jen a spot /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif. We are going to play in the rocks next weekend and I told her to be ready to do the calendar pic, she said cool. I did not let you down last year and not starting this year. I am just needing some good Oklahoma rock background for this year, instead of my yard /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif.

Krennen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Can Can

Well, I'm glad to hear that there are a few of you still planning on getting your pics in on time.

I say again - ALL PICS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE CALENDAR. So do your best to get them to me before August 31st- the sooner the better.

Next year, please remind me to get 12 volunteers to commit to the project ahead of time so I don't have to go chasing people around. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

All I have

[​IMG]

15. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I might be able to get a pic. I only have a digital camera though is that cool? Its a 4.0 megapixle and the pics are GREAT quality.

nick

16. Can Can

Digital is perfect. Remember that this is essentially a girlie calendar, so see if your "volunteer" is willing to dress accordingly. Try to get as much of your truck in the pic while keeping the model as the focus of the pic. 1600 x 1200 pixels is the preferred size.

Try to take your pic "long side down" and do your best to catch some good scenery in the background. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. tayven

tayven 1/2 ton status

My camera is only a 2.0 Mega pixel elf, that will not be good enough will it? I also have a 35 Milimeter that takes excellent pictures. What would work better?

18. Can Can

I'm sure it will work. Just set your camera on the highest pixel setting before taking the pic, brother. It makes for a bigger file, but looks way sharper after Kim does the digital transfer to the copier. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Still trying my best. The truck(s) is/are ready (might put both of them in), but still trying to find "models". I can get you plenty of pics of the rigs, but I can't promise the models (guess I should have waited before breaking up with my GF /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif)

Also thanks again for all the work you putting into this, I will try my best to help you out. Trust me, it's not for lack of trying to find models.....

The girls at Hooters will pose in the "city" but are very tentative going out into the wilderness to shoot (I must look sketchy to them ....... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif). The only other thing is could there be a legal issue with Hooters girls in our calendar as it is "for profit" and Hooters won't be getting $$$$. I just don't want to be the reason for a lawsuit against CK5.

20. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Put CK5 stickers over the "Hooters" logos... Problem solved!

I suggested this before - not sure if you saw it or not:
    Offer to lead them to your shoot location - let them drive their own car(s) if it's passable by car. Might help with their comfort levels. OR, tell them to bring a couple guy friends with them. I know that'll turn it into a sausage fest and may kill the mood a bit, but it might be the difference between a parking lot pic /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif and a cool offroad pic .