Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Girls...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by onlychevy6, Mar 13, 2006.

1. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

After reading fumes post about spending money at the bar or buying shoes. Got me thinking. My ole lady wants to buy this damn purse that cost like $350.00. I about crapped my pants when she showed me that. Some name brand called Coach.. Can you believe that crap? Then she started talking about some other name brand D&B or something like that. What gives. I told her fine if you buy the purse for 350 that you will use maybe for a month. then i will go buy a 4link set up with cage and accessories so i can finish my pro street nova project. And she looked at me like i was stupid. I told her at least the nova will make money when raced. Or when completed it would sell for a ton more then what was invested. unlike a purse that will get minimum use.

Sorry for the rant.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

For a purse????I'd ask her if she wanted to wear her ass as a hat...:haha: :doah:

3. gauder

gauder Banned

My wife was just bitchin at me because I want to buy a door for my 56. pm me about 4 link set-up.

4. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

lol someones else shares my pain........

5. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

sometimes i hope i dont get married when im older :crazy:

6. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, the 'ol Coach bag. I got my girl one last year for her birthday. She used it for maybe a couple months before it got dirty and it got set aside. At least I got it on sale. :rolleyes:

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was gonna make the comment that at least it'd get you laid but then I realized that a clean hooker would cost less.

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

You can find pretty good deals on EBay for designer handbags. I buy the knockoffs. Got 2 "Gucci" bags and a "Louis Vitton" wallet for less than $200.

9. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

I might get my "man card" revoked for this but what the heck.if it was my wife I would say "get it".The reason being is that when I wanted a set of tarilreadys,she said "if thats what you want get it" when I told her I wanted to build a blazer and junk my truck she was cool with that,the time I called and ordered $900 woth of lockers,she never said a cross word.She never has a problem with anything I want to buy or have bought as long as the bills are paid and our son is taken care of.

The moral of this is sometime you gotta give little to get a little.but that is a little steep for a purse.

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Her dress;$300.
    Her shoes;$250
    Her purse;$175

Getting laid every night for a month=PRICELESS!

11. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

You guys (and gal) need to look in the Yellow pages; find "consignment store" and send the girls there. (or go to "onceagainconsignment.com"---shameless plug for my wife's store:D ) There are stores where women take their barely used clothing to be "recycled". This is not Goodwill or Salvation Army, these clothes are top brands in excellent shape, at bargain prices. Some women can't stand to wear the same outfit more than three or four times, but don't want to give them away, so they "consign" and get some money out of them for the new purchases. You girls would be amazed what bargains are to be had in a good consignment store. You can get a Coach or Dooney and Burke handbag that looks and smells new for less than $100. Guys, before you go flaming me for cavorting with the enemy, the girls are gonna spend the money, but if they get more for the money they spend, they might be happier and easier to get along with:surepal: :whistle: .
    Jimbo

12. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Bah, women don't need money. That's why we built kitchens to keep 'em busy!

:eek1::doah::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my best friend bought a Coach for his wife for Christmas. she told him that she wanted a Louis Vitton for Valentine's day. she quickly learned that she wouldnt be getting what she wanted for valentine's day.

14. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

i bought a snowmobile today, and got the "is it as big a piece of junk as that blazer thingy in my driveway?"

So naturally I better find something to buy her quick or im done...

15. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

I bought two torque wrenches today, $350, just because I wanted to, I did not even need them, already have a couple. I answer to no one! I am single, I am happy, I am an ex-husband. I thought I would share for the less fortunate.:D :D

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

yeah? i'm single, and have no ex wife to deal with. i went out and bought 2 more trucks, just because i felt like it.:p:

17. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

I've been lurking around here for a while and decided that it was time to join in on the fun. I'd have to say that spend $350 or so on a purse is kind of crazy. I will only spend $15 at most on one. I am just fine with one from wally-world or somewhere like that.

18. onlychevy6

The question to this is Are they the real deal or knock off's? I don't mind getting for her. Butt Damn, for a fricken bag. That will only get used for a month or two.:doah:

On a side note. I have done two blazers in the last year with not many complaints. Mainly because i never buy for myself. I always give them what they want.(two kids and the ole lady). And make sure everything else gets paid before i spend. There for my nova project has been sitting for 2 1/2 years. In the garage. Asking me when are you going to complete me? Well damn it it is time.

19. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I've noticed you lurking, actually. Welcome to the Lounge, and the CK5 family! :waytogo:

20. onlychevy6

That's funny right there.