Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

girls?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Dec 1, 2003.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

girlfriend now wants to play. She loves the blazer but being 4'9" she needs some thing smaller (in her opinion) looks like she chose the jeep xj (cherokee) More money spend (and its not on the blazer). /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Cool, a friend of mine has a Cherokee with a 3" lift and 31x1050 MT's and I am surprised how well it does when we go wheeling. I always tell him that it is a nice car for a girl, just to piss him off /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Booster seat maybe?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Seriously though, you should be happy she's into wheelin instead of bein all ticked off everytime you want to go out playin in the dirt. Good luck to ya.

Allan

4. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

i am happy. we r already looking into rustys 8 inch long arm. I will soon be running frizzlefry's 37's and she says she wants tires that big. The cool thing is I told her the new tires were her xmas gift and she was find with that. I think I will get that f/i 383 for valentines and maybe some unimogs for her birthday.

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The cool thing is I told her the new tires were her xmas gift and she was find with that. I think I will get that f/i 383 for valentines and maybe some unimogs for her birthday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dayum! I wish I had a significant other like you. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Anyway, XJ's suck & have those crappy unibodies. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

xj with 8", and 8.8" rear and d44 front will be perfect for 37s..you might have to trim when it flexes ...

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, XJ's suck & have those crappy unibodies. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not much you can do about the whole Heep thing, but my friend has an XJ that he wheels the hell out of, and its still goin. i saw an article in either petersen's or four wheeler this summer about XJ unibody chassis stiffeners. they were like $90, and according to the article, made a whole lot of difference in the way it handled. might wanna look into those if the unibody flex gets old... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

all you have to do is weld some 1.5" square tubing down the sides of the unibody and some cross braces...and exo-cage works really well to prevent body/chassis flex and damage, and keeps the gf safe while you're tryin to follow her in your k5...LOL

9. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Look in the Blazer-Fest pics from this year of Zakk's g/f in his truck...big truck small girl. She seamed to do well with it even playing on the mini-con.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

tube buggy with D60s front and rear, coilovers, lil 4 cyclinder, dual toy cases etc etc.

j

11. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Weld a Festiva to a Jeep frame