Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

give me some pointers on selling the beast.....please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by alaskanbowtie, May 10, 2004.

1. alaskanbowtie

alaskanbowtie 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif yes I'm selling my current K5 and going to buy another here in town with 38,000 original miles an 87' can you say WOW. So here is the specs.
    >>>>
    78 K5 with 87 front clip & top.
    New 4 core radiator,358, all kinds of goodies from Crower stainless rockers & girdles to 6.00" rods. 400 h.p./435tq. with 1200 miles
    th 350 with 2 stage and mild stall "also new"
    np 203 with part time and new chain
    True Dual 2 1/2 " exhaust (no cats)
    New gears 4.56 and everything else on the axles from gears out, seals, bearing, brakes etc.
    Rear Lock right, front open
    4" suspensions all springs long travel New shocks & brake lines.dual stabilizer.
    36" TSL radials on Aluminum wheels
    Billet aluminum dash Auto meter tach
    Custom upholstery black and velvet red seats
    carpet kit in the floors and back
    New door panels & carpeted sides in the back.
    Alpine CD player with speakers in the door's and beside the rear seat's, hooked up to a small amp. Carerra Aluminum steering wheel, tilt column, hurst 203 shifter with chrome plate and nice boot.Matching red anodized handles on column shifter and floor.
    Warn 8274 in front with 2 KC's
    oh and custom front&rear drive lines. (just half ton stuff but nice and correct length)
    Over all body in good condition with some small dings here and there, but if you look under neath there's some rust no holes in the floors but it's there. Everything works good windows heater etc., all guages , EVERYTHING.
    >>>
    HOW MUCH ??? I have well over 12,000.00 in it with tons of receipts and it runs like a raped ape. I was thinking around 6500.00 maybe take a little less. What do you think?
    I have lots of extra parts going too.... extra front&rear drivelines,extra new tranny,alternator,tail light lens etc.
    THX appreciate all info and suggestions! Looking forward to the new 1 ton build & Fuel injected Big block stroker!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got a pic? I say it's worth a little more than that...at least it would be here in Cali probably.

3. alaskanbowtie

there's some older pictures on the members forum,though it don't really show the true beauty of a k5 LOL

4. J.R.

J.R. Guest

some pics or a link to your pics would be good! sounds like a great buy!!

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The best advice I could give you is...

post in the correct forum. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Rene

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

My advise can be summed up into one word "Patience". It is going to take some time to get that kind of money out of a truck because most of the people in the market for a vehicle are shopping on a low price mentaility.

Another thing to consider is most of the mods you have done you could probably take off and keep for the new blazer and lower the price accordingly to sell it quicker. Drop in a set of stock 1/2 ton axles and springs w/31" tires and it will appeal to a larger market at a lower price.

7. alaskanbowtie

yeah but I wanted to hear from the true K5 forum and some die hards not the run of the mill garage viewer..... LOL /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif THX Kenny I was kind of considering that but it's alot of bull [darn] I didn't want to have to deal with. It's always an option. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The correct forum would be the "For Sale" forum...not the Garage. As for the rest of your question I'd agree with Kenny. The stocker the better for resale unless you're in no hurry at all. Modified anything takes away from resale for most people...

Rene

9. alaskanbowtie

actually I'm "not" selling it yet just wanting some pointers like I said and if I'm not selling it then I don't want it in the "for sale forum! Just a little help on "how to" But thx for the info.