Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

give me strength

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HELLBENT DESIGNS, Jun 29, 2005.

1. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

trying to finish the new project (HELLBENT :angry1: ) enough to make it to divide ride 05. i purchased the victim in12/04 (1985 chevy lwb) too many mods to list! still not running :mad: have most parts i think$$$$ i have been putting 4-5 hours a night after work into it lately, plus both days off about 10-12 hours each day since the first of the year. i know trying to cram a 2 year project into 6 months is nuts but knock on wood :xmas:

2. icer97

icer97 1/2 ton status

You know, you dont realize what kind of time a project can take when you do it right and the way you want it. Ive been working on my 76 shortbed since march, and close but not quite done. My friends are always givin me **** saying "geez your not done yet, whats taken so long" Well Im like you...4 hours a night after work and 8 hours a day on weekends. But my truck isint gonna be like theirs, and always breaking down. I hope if I do it the RIGHT way once, it will be done for good. Good luck and keep on wrenching! :D

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I know man - exactly 13 days left to get ready.

Joe & I made a list, it got about 20 things on it, 17 of which are a "Must do before divide ride" and don't include a winch or anything like that.

I got my ford shock towers done and the work on the mountin plate for the front bumper completed. We're makign headway, but there may be a few things half-assed to make it thru divide ride this year

Best of luck and God speed :D

-Mike

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I feel you man, I have been home for 2 months from Iraq and haven't wheeled since December :mad: Right now I am building up for BB 05'. I am afraid I will either run out of money or time :( Who knows maybe the gods will shine on us both :)

5. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

Wow you guys are cutting it close. I have seen some pics from their pre run out in Philipsburg and without the snow no one would have had any trouble. They won't even tell us what trails are offered or the dificulty...I'm betting they are all cake and you two won't even need 4wd for 90% of the time.

Now the real wheeling comes in the winter :grin: Or 2 weekends ago up at the Frounteer Fun Days. Hard snow and spring runoff make for some great trails :)

[​IMG]

Building a good wheeling rig takes time...I have been working on the tube work on a CJ5 for over a month now...

6. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't bank on that. Cindy told me that one will require lockers & a winch to pass (the Fisher Lake trail) :dunno:

7. HELLBENT DESIGNS

i wasn't trying to count days :D i may have to forsake a few things that aren't crucial just for the run i was hoping for minimum of a week to iron out the bugs but i have my vacation planned previous to that so that should help!

8. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

If you need help or parts Hellbent let me know (579-9073). I work M-F 8-5 but can lend a hand in the evenings or weekends. The Mountaineers have alot of resorses avalable to us and we can probubly dig up most anything you need.

Mike, I wish Dick Rebie or someone had said that...he was incharge of organizing it and didn't even know what trials they were running when I asked him last year. I might have came this year if I had thought there would have been a good trail. People have even been asking on the M4x4A forum and no response...

If you go on it bring back some pics!! :D If it looks like a good trail than we will probubly do a weekend run to the area this fall. Makelvi up in the Tobaco Roots is the hardest (legal public land) trial left in MT as far as I know... and I can run it in 2WD. We have even had stock Toyota's make it up in the summer. It is the hardest trail that DR has ever featured. The Morrison Jeep trail can be tricky in a full size because that cliff section is so narrow...but it not difficult, just narrow.

ROB

9. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Rob,

That's too bad that you're not going this year. If I don't get my winch on I may not be able to do the Fisher Lake run either. I probably won't simply becuase I don't have a front locker, and I'm not confident enough in my skill yet to tackle a run like that, but we'll see.

I'll be sure to get lots of pictures for you. I'll probably fill up my 128mb memory card. :D

-Mike

10. HELLBENT DESIGNS

thanks for the offer rob! :waytogo: hopefully it wont come to that. once it get it fired it's downhill from there :D lonnie