Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

give me the pros & cons for a 3" body lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wetbackZO, Feb 1, 2006.

1. wetbackZO

wetbackZO 1/2 ton status

I bought a perf acc 3'' body lift kit together with new poly body bushings, I've heard both sides of the story here in town but it ain't enough. You guys know your chevy stuff pretty well so tell me: yes, no, maybe??? The kits are going in a 79 k10 lwb, one of the rear cab mounts decided to dissapear last time I was wheelin in the Rio Grande!! Hence the poly bushings. There seems to be no rust whatsoever around the body mounts, so I think I might be lucky in that area but I would consider reinforcing the body there. What are your thoughts on this, and if you installed a 3'' body lift on your vehicle, have you had any issues??? TIA.:bow:

2. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

you'll find more info faster by usin the search feature than someone can possibly post in this thread. good luck!

3. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I run one on my 97 1/2 ton std cab short bed but it doesn't go offroad. Don't think I'd do it to a k5 main reason being a suspension lift is all that more money

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Pro- cheap, semi easy to install (rust will make it hard)

Con- Don't look as good (bumpers too low, see too much frame).

5. nmud2deep

nmud2deep Registered Member

i am running a 3inch on my blazer w/4inch sus. soon to be 8inch and 37x13.50 and yes it is cheap and yes it sucks having the bumpers lower but lift is lift and money is money it is your call...if i could go back i wouldnt have put it on...i would rather have all sus. lift