Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Give me your input plz

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RustBuket, Aug 8, 2003.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

As of today, august 8th/03, I purchased a K5 Blazer. This blazer runs pretty good with the original engine. I was just wondering, should I swap in the 305 I have rebuilt with about 2000 dollars into it or should I try to sell that ( I probably won't get my $$ out of it if I do) and keep the money for my "tires+lift" fund? What do you think?

2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Swap in the new one, sell the old for what you can get and spend that money on a 4" lift springs for the front and put some blocks in the back until you can afford the rear springs too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd go for option 3: keep it as a spare. No reason to replace a good running engine, and no reason to sell something for half what you have into it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I like option three too but... I don't know if my rents like that... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I am 17 and live with my parental unit still so I don't know about storage.. unless I just drive around with an 305 in the back of my blazer? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I'd go with option 3 also. Your "Parental unit" should understand.... doh.... well okay maybe not, but hey it takes time to find the right/deserving buyer for your 305 right ... so if the parental unit has beef about it, use that excuse........doh

6. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Well guys, I think I may do the swap if no one wants to buy it. I may as well use the engine thats gonna give me more power and the one that *I* built myself. I can keep the old one as a backup or rebuild ir and sell it I don't know?

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You spent $2k of hard earned dollars on a 305?