Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

giving a gift membership?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tuffdogstudio, Oct 7, 2006.

1. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

I want to give a good friend of mine a gift membership, he has better things to spend his money on (single dad of two) and he's helped me out tons over the years with vehicle advice and wrenching.

He wants to build a truggy kinda deal outta his 86 Chebby, and I couldent think of a better bunch of folks to help him on this quest than ck5.com.

Problem is I want him to be able to choose his screen name and stuff, I just want to buy his membership, anyone know how to accomplish this?

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Just have him join up with a free membership. That way he can pick his username and fill out his bio and stuff. Then simply pay for his membership using his username after he joins to give him acces to the otherr forums and other member privileges

3. tuffdogstudio

Yeah, He's not the kinda guy that likes handouts, would be best if I could give him the account already paid for, so he can't say no. I could just buy a membership and then maybe he could change his screen name if he wants to?

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Or you just get him to register on the site, dont say anything about buying him a membership, just get him to post up in the garage, and then after he has made his acct, then you pay for it.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

yep some night h is over. tell him you will registure him on the site and show him the ropes. then later pm steve and say i need to pay for (_____) membership for 1 year. this has been done before and he has no problem with it. also you cant change screen name after it has been created.

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That is how I got hooked on this place. Same situation but it was a Christmas present from a member on here who I helped wrench and wheel with. I had an old user name and had it changed after I got a paid membership and moved from the west coast to the east coast. Username can be changed once your all ready paid for though. Just PM Steve and he can set you up with the changes and such.

7. tuffdogstudio

Thanx for the help guys. I think I'll have to just sign him up for an account and then he can go through the name change process if I get it wrong. He's in Oklahoma and I'm New Mexico or I would just sign him up one night when he was over, wish we were still close enough to do that actually.