Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Giving away a pair of memberships...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tRustyK5, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So, let's have a little fun with this. If you want a free membership post up some pic's of what you're working on. Yes, I'm aware you can't attach pic's so for now i'd recomend an image hosting site like www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.com. Both allow remote linking, and both are free.

Please add a reasonably short story telling us how a full membership would help you with your project.

I will select one winner on Friday afternoon (Sept 29, 2006) and a second winner the following Friday (Oct 6, 2006)

No sob stories please, and remember if it's funny your chances will only improve. To add a picture here, first go to whichever site you have your picture hosted at. Right click anywhere on the picture itself and select "properties" from the menu box that comes up. In the "properties" box you will see the picture's unique 'url'. Highlight the complete 'url', then right click and select 'copy'.

In the reply box here type in [*img*] (remove asterisks) then right click and select 'paste', then type [*/img*] (remove asterisks) directly after the url.

To check if you did it right hit "preview post" before submitting your reply.

Have fun and good luck!

Rene

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

And don't forget non-members, if you submit a technicle article on how to do something that will help people on this site, and the Boss publishes it, you also get a 1 year membership. (plus the cool liitle icon below your name) :thumb:

3. 84blazend

84blazend Registered Member

I think that a free membership would be great because I am a poor college student, and the less I have to pay for on the internet equals more money that I can throw at my 1984 Blazer daily driver/project truck.

Here is a photo of me between my 84 blazer (the black and silver one) and my dad's 76 blazer when I first bought mine last october.

[​IMG]
    That's me in the middle.

As you can tell in the photo below, my Blazer has a little problem. For some reason, these little "aerodynamic holes" are getting bigger. I somehow need to fix them.
    [​IMG]
    Rust hole on rocker panel below drivers side door. The passenger side is the same way unfortunately. My friends say that I need more of them so I can get better gas mileage with my 305, lol.

Here is a photo of my blazer with my econo mud bogger tires alongside my dad's 76 blazer.
    [​IMG]

As you can see, a membership would greatly help to me improve my blazer project both mechanically and visually.

Thanks again!

Brendan

4. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

mostwanted:"look honey, I could be an official member of coloradok5.com. I will be able to search the site, look at the secret pictures that are hidden from the rest of the world, and join in on the fun and games in the Lounge."
    wife: "how much does it cost?"
    mostwanted:"free if I can convince them that I am cool enough to be a part of their group"
    wife:"how much??"
    mostwanted"well, it's $25 a year, but if I can convince the guys on there that I am cool than --"
    wife:"we can't afford it!!"
    Seriously tho-
    No sob stories here. I am just a hard working american with 3 kids trying to save money here and there so I might be able to afford to go wheeling.. I make do with what I have access to online. If I need to know something I will find it. I found this site upon searching for something. I would love to be a paying member here, but there are more important things to worry about paying first.
    I have been doing as much as I can on my K5 a little at a time. I bought it for under $1k last spring. It had a fresh 350 but a bum trans. The blue paint has been painted over black and is peeling bad.
    Since the purchase, I have rebuilt the tranny, replaced all the brakes, removed the carpet, installed some new tires, and repaired numerous mechanical and electrical problems.
    My next project is to rebuild a pair of 3/4 ton axles before I add a lift and bigger tires. I chose 3/4ton for the learning expieriance. I plan to replace everything inside front axle and rebuild it with quality componets. I choose to do this first so I know what to do on the trail in the event of a failure. The rear 14boltff will be freshened up with new bearings and oil.

here are some pics of my rig:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Can't remote link from webshots.. Just red X's here

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Easy come, easy go, Rene? :rotfl:

7. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

My membership is ending soon soooo, I could use a free membership!

I am putting this K5 buggy together, Got spark last night, hope to fire it up soon. Without CK5 I'd be lost with out the wealth of information. It's all right here, if you can't find it here you don't need it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

I'll play. I'd like to get the free membership because I can't afford one right now. I currently am working on a '78 chevy stepside [​IMG], a '79 k20 [​IMG], and a '81 CJ-7 (I know its a Jeep, but I am putting a chevy v8 and sm-465 in it). The last major project I worked on for the chevy's was fabricating a steel bed for it to replace the rotted out wooden bed. [​IMG]I could probably do a write up on it, but unfortunately I didn't take many pictures of it. But if people are interested, I'll do it.

The reason I can't afford a membership is this is: the shop I had at the old house [​IMG], [​IMG]and here's my new shop. [​IMG]Any extra money right now is being saved to build a new one.

9. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've been working on my gem...turning it into a bluggy.
    Most of it has been hand built...but I have spent big bucks with Jesse..
    buying 1410 yokes

[​IMG]

The cage was built on the concrete floor in my shop..with some help from the g/f...
    she was helpful with cutting and notching the tube.

[​IMG]

I've built an anti-wrap/axle truss..twinstick..more to come.

[​IMG]

I have No sob story to tell. Other than most of my buddies that I've helped in the past, have blown me off, I've been depending on the g/f for help. Madmike's been there for me too.
    Friends that don't help...suck!!!

Pics: http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/purplek5/

10. Teamstatic2001

Teamstatic2001 Registered Member

Well I am a 17 year old student here in Muskegon, MI. I could use the membership becuase well being a student and building a truck doesnt really add up to well unless your filthy rich. I would like to be able to buy things off the classified and vender forums but can't post. I'm saiving for a D60 right now, woulda had one but i hit a phone pole and they arnt cheap haha. Anyway heres what I started with.
    [​IMG]
    Some build ups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kind of thought about just droppin the 454 in and leaving it like this.
    [​IMG]
    This is how it sits as of now.
    [​IMG]
    And just for laughs heres my buddys 06 aveo with a blown injected small block on juice just to cool the intake charge.
    [​IMG]
    Just kidding it was a rental and we poured tire shine (posi in a bottle) on the tires and grabbed a video before we brought it back.

Anyway plans include a tbi Muilt point converted 454, 38's , I already got the 4 inch ord shackle flip out back and im gettin BDS springs after the dana 60

11. Myke

Myke Registered Member

Hi I'm Myke. I'm 17 and work on my truck by myself. I learned what I know about my k5 from this site or just breaking things and figuring out how to fix them. I'd love to have a membership for a few reasons. First off this is my first chevy or domestic car/truck so I'm cluless when it comes to working on it and need the help and pictures of this site. I traded my dirtbike for my 88 Chevy K5 Blazer. The second reason is no one around me is into domestics so it's hard to get help unless I want to know about a turbo four cylinder. I'v been registered on this site since I first got my K5. I visit here everyday and try post up what I know. I promise w/ this membership I won't just leech information but also seed info as I become knowledgeable.

This is mah Beast![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's a pic of me doing what I love. (life guarding :D)

12. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Wow. that is really cool to offer free membership. Ill throw my hat in the ring.

Why would I want one? I have gained alot of valuable info from this site and being able to view others members pics and how they have accomplished certain tasks really make it nicer to see what im getting into.

How would it help me. It will help me be able to post in some of the other technical forums.

There are some other forums on here that I could contribute greatly into (camping and outdoor section)

How would it help you. It will help me be able to post in some of the other technical forums. ;)

I have done my share of partial HOW-TOs already on this site and will continue to share what lil info and ideas I have on K5s in general. My project is ever growing. What once started out as a Plain jane stock '84 k5 has grown into what I want to be an expedition vehicle that I can take anywhere. Its far from finished (are they ever? lol).

Here are a couple of pics:

The day I brought it home.

[​IMG]

Its current configuration:

[​IMG]

Future projects for the k5 include but not limited to the following:

GM crate 350
    Line X interior
    Work on cargo storage area
    Re-do gauges into factory location
    SS brake lines
    Exterior paint
    Mobile HAM setup

etc
    etc
    etc

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Can a member nominate someone ? I think fatbob deserves one . He is working on his getting his trail rig and his towrig all the time and was the guy last week with the driveshaft that destroyed his th350 .

14. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'd like to nominate James (79stomper)............if it pleases the CK5 hierarchy.

He has been working on my nerves for the last day or two............
    [​IMG]

:D :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Oh, and for all the work and fetching he has involved in "da Barnacle Project"!!! http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1684164#post1684164

[​IMG]

Bet he could use the free membership, as his wife may sever his ties with us here at CK5 before long..............:wink1:

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I second Dontoe's nomination. That is one hell of a project.

16. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Here's what I'm working on...

A membership to CK5 will help me with this project because I will be able to hang out in the lounge when I'm sick of working on it.

It's a '79 Bronco frame. I've put a 360/C6/NP205 in it. It's getting 4" front coils and lowered spring towers up front. Out back it's getting 63" Chevy springs, a home-brew shackle flip, and some of Kert's (www.diy4x.com) awesome shackles. The Chevy springs should increase my wheelbase about 8", which should help a lot with departure angle. I'm putting a '78 Ford truck cab on it and a shortened bed to fit the new wheelbase. I have some 38's to run on it when it's rolling.

[​IMG]

17. kw48653

kw48653 Registered Member

well, i'm done with my project (YEAH RIGHT!), but i could use a free membership to help share all my flock-ups so that others won't have to suffer the same fates i did!

and i could use it so that i could spend the 25 dollars i'd save on beer.

at least i'm honest : , )

clicky my linky: [​IMG]

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Keep em coming guys...I'm already taking notes. :thinking: :deal:

Rene

19. Tominator II

Tominator II 1/2 ton status

Check this out..

Copy and paste the web address I will put at the end of this post to see my 77 Jimmy and some of my other GM vehicles. I would enjoy a free membership but am really posting to let you know I will be in Moab for Blazer Bash 06 and plan to hit the BBQ M&G and maybe a trail run or 2. Looking forward to seeing some of you there, I don't have any pictures to post yet of my very latest mods but If it says whatever on the front of the hood it is me.http://tominator2jimmy.zoomshare.com

20. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

I spent all my money on my drivetrain and tires..............I need a membership to search the site on how to install and use it:crazy:

Hows that [​IMG]

No really........I need a support group to continue to enable me to get my next fix........Its worse than any crack cocaine
    :D

Dog Fugly stock in '03............

[​IMG]

Several dollars and years later..............its still not done and I need a support group

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The truck got BOOBIES :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.