Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gizmos & Gimics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyser_soze, Oct 6, 2005.

1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

When will it stop?!

I was watching TV last night and seen a VW commercial and the car has a thermostat controlled glove box. WTF?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

never. to some people stupid **** like that is a selling point they can't live without, or at least after a salesman is done with them they can't live without it.

About a year ago my Uncle Tom got the new body style F150, he, my dad, and my Uncle Barry were standing around the bed talking about it. My dad has driven a truck since.... a long time.... and my Uncle Barry has for years, so my Uncle Tom is trying to show off a little and says "Yeah so I have bolts holding down my bed"..... My dad and Uncle Barry broke out laughing at him, almost makes you feel bad for him.... almost.

The problem I have with all this crap is when the manufacturers force you to get it. Try and buy a stripped down work truck Chevy and get simple options like power windows or similar things, they will want you to upgrade to a different package that adds other crap you don't care about. Why can't I just order something how I want it?

I still don't get dual zone climate controls, eventually the temperatures will just even out and things will be inbetween whatever you want. Though I've never really played with it in my dad's truck to say that.

3. FreedomIsntFree

FreedomIsntFree 1/2 ton status

I know what you mean. I'm fixin' to buy a new Ford and I am going to go to the dealer ship and say, "I want no options but A/C, I want such and such motor w/ the manual transmission in these colors. If you don't have it and can't find it fast, i'll go elsewhere."

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

One of my favorites is those little washer/wiper things on the lheadlights of Mercedes sedans.

5. FreedomIsntFree

FreedomIsntFree 1/2 ton status

In some cars, you can move the position of the seat belt strap on the top. My pop's old car had a button that would move it UP and DOWN. I was laughing so hard...

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I remember the days when you could walk into your local dealership and order a new car. You had different engines too choose from and each one had different options too choose from, you had choice of transmissions, and choice of rear end gearings. Then you had a big ol'list of other options for the car. In all honesty, I think if the car companys would go back to that, they'd sell more new cars. Sure, you'd have too wait for your new car, but you'd get it the way you want it.

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

why would you laugh so hard at something like that,,,you think all people have the same size torso? i have had those i several of the semi truck i have driven, they are pretty nice, usually set it to my liking and it doesn't get adjusted from then on, but it's an adjustment that is nice for vehicles where more than one person uses it. :confused:

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

those shoulder adjuster things are nice, but I don't think they go high enough. I have to put them all the way to the top in every vehicle I get in that has them and I am only 6'.