Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

glad to be a member again, 4" spring questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by alaskanbowtie, Feb 15, 2004.

1. alaskanbowtie

alaskanbowtie 1/2 ton status

glad to be a member again, 4\" spring questions

I have a donor set of rear 52", 4" EZ-ride springs and am wondering if I put these in the front of a blazer how much lift will it give me? I'm not sure if the locating pin is in the same place on the pack as a front set? I would like to take the 1 short leaf off the bottom of the pack and then put them on the front hopefully giving me around 6" of lift. I figure they will be a bit stiffer but I can except that. THX everyone glad to be back I was formerly twenty_below0 . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: glad to be a member again, 4\" spring questions

zcarzcar put stock 52s up front and he got 4 inches of lift. actually he got about 5 inches but he has a 2inch longer front shackle. so with 4" springs you should ge about 8" lift. the axle will be located 2 inches foward than stock,but you could re drill the spring perch to make it fit /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif. he said that it was extremely smooth /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

i plan on doing this swap with the ak-57 rear setup /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

welcome back /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I put a set of 4" lift 52" BDS springs in the front of my blazer. With the overload spring removed and the weight of my big block, i gained 3 1/2".

4. alaskanbowtie

WOW, perhaps i could remove even another leaf to get the 6" I want, that should make it really smooth. WOW I'm liking this, move the axle forward 2" is ok as long as nothing else will be effected(other than the drag link, and D shaft) actually 1" would be ideal /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. alaskanbowtie

rear bds springs? & 3 1/2 inches total or you mean more ? (to equal 7 1/2" total ?)