Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GLASSPACK/RACE MUFFLERS HOW LONG

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Dec 17, 2002.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Does anyone run those dynomax bullet race mufflers?
    I was set on the 16.5in ones but then looked in a differnt cataloge and found they make a 23.5in long one too with about a $1 difference I do like it loud but im now wondering which to get BTW the have a 12 in too but ive ruled that one out.

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

My cousin's boyfriend has the 12s I think. It sounds good but it is loud. He also has 3 in. pipes on it though.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Louder then a glasspack? Like a regular 1

4. blueturd

blueturd Registered Member

I have a set of these (3.5") on my 68 Camaro, and yes it is loud. In the car at idle, it is 92 decibels (470 hp). However, the pipe stops under the seat can. My dad is running them on his 69 Camaro with about two feet more pipe, and it is signifcantly quiter, despite being a hell of a lot stouter motor (900) The only other vehicle I've been around enough to say anything is another car that did route the pipe out.

My experiance has been that trucks are a good 10-15 decibles quieter because the height reduces resonation. Don't be afraid of them, but they are loud. If you want it quieter, look at the Dynomax Super Turbos, these run great on my pickup.

The shorter the louder /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I would strongly suggest the 21-23 inchers or they are too loud and crackly, kinda trailer park sounding, TRUST ME !!!!!!