Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

glasspacks are in

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tecton, May 3, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    100$
    two glasspacks, two 4"x10" tips, and two turnoff (L pipes) to run it out the sides...

performence wise...not much diff from old mufflers
    sound wise...car alarms beware
    asthetics....looks really f*ing cool

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

hehe glad you like em. I was gonna run glasspacks on my chevelle (rest in peace baby) before I heard them. Personal opinion they are the most obnoxious things I have ever heard /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I prefer a nice set of turbo mufflers. Free flowing with a nice "chug, chug" sound while you are idling but they howl with authority when you dig into the 4bbl /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

mine sound real good at high Rs, but my secondaries don't work so I am waiting to see how it sounds when those suckers kick in.

4. win717

win717 Registered Member

I need to find new mufflers i have super traps on my blazer and it's super LOUD

5. jhrody

jhrody 1/2 ton status

i had dual glasspacks on my old 78 K5. It sounded great even though it was only a 250 I-6. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif At higher rpm's it sounded like a Cessna though. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif