Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Glove box latch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fireinthehole, Dec 14, 2002.

How do you get this thing off? I have tried, but no luck. I must be missing something. BTW, its not the key-locking type, just the regular latch.

Thanks

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If you look at the lock mechanism on the inside of the glovebox, there is a little hole on the side, stick something in there (straightened out paper clip size) to push and hold the release mechanism on the inside as you are pulling on the piece on the outside of the door. After that is out, you'll need a pair of pliers(unless you have a 1" wide flat screwdriver) to unscrew the remaining two halves that hold on to the door.

2. do you mean the little slot on the side? There is a little sliding latch in there that I can push, but I still cant pull the front part of the latch out. I know the latch is 3 pieces. I know its not hard, I cant get it apart. I tried a paper clip and tiny screw driver, no luck.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yes, inside that slot at the base (closest to the door) is where the release mechanism is. It was a pita for me to get mine apart, I fought with that thing for close to 30 minutes before it came apart. But that is the only way it will work.