Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

glow plug ?...

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 82K5_6.5L, May 22, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

well just curious, have been out a few times, driving the truck all day and here in arizona its now reached 100 degrees outside /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif..anyways, sometimes i will be drivin and then go in get some taco bell or something and shut the truck off..well when i come back, i click the truck over and the glow plug light doesnt come on? i am thinkin it does this because they are still hot or warm from running so long, is it ok to start the truck anyways? i have a manual backup switch i guess too..so i hit the button and it makes the light go on and then clicks over, i dont want to start the truck with out the plugs clicking over u know? so is it ok?
    thanx

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

your right, the cylinders are still warm enough from running.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    well just curious, have been out a few times, driving the truck all day and here in arizona its now reached 100 degrees outside /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif..anyways, sometimes i will be drivin and then go in get some taco bell or something and shut the truck off..well when i come back, i click the truck over and the glow plug light doesnt come on? i am thinkin it does this because they are still hot or warm from running so long, is it ok to start the truck anyways? i have a manual backup switch i guess too..so i hit the button and it makes the light go on and then clicks over, i dont want to start the truck with out the plugs clicking over u know? so is it ok?
    thanx

[/ QUOTE ]

So you mean to tell me that in the winter when it's in the mid 60's and you stop for a Taco, when you start it again, you need to wait till the glow plugs cycle?
    The engine should be still warm enough to start right away.
    At least it did with me /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    your right, the cylinders are still warm enough from running.

[/ QUOTE ]
    cool.. was curious, i didnt want to break anything u know? thanx