Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Glow plugs dont work

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stumblefoot, Apr 8, 2007.

1. stumblefoot

stumblefoot Registered Member

Went to start the Blazer and my glow plugs dont work! No glow plugs=no start. Its been converted to a push button, no "wait" light. Its an old ARMY CUCV so its a 24V system, when the glow plugs work you can see the voltage drop on the gauge. The solinoid works OK, but no voltage drop, and no glow plugs, is there a fuse or something I am missing? Im stumped, and its my DD so I kinda need it fixed soon!
    84 K5 Blazer 6.2L diesel TH400/NP208 4" lift on 35" Pro Comp Xtremes 4:10 gears with detroit lockers front & rear.
    I just put new glow plugs and injectors in it and had the injector pump rebuilt.

2. stumblefoot

stumblefoot Registered Member

bump, need some advise

3. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I would check the ground on your push button first. Have you traced your wires yet? Power in and out of your solinoid? Check the output on your resistor bank (drops the 24v to 12v), it could have taken a crap. Then start checking each GP. If one goes it will send higher voltage to the others until they fry.

4. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

yep, make sure all your wires are hooked up first. had the same problem on mine, ended up being a wire I had knocked loose when i was doing some other work on it.

5. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

IIRC there are fusible links in the GP wires. You may need to check for continuity between the GP lead and the solenoid, and between the solenoid and the battery. That is, unless you have replaced all the original GP wiring...