Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Glow Plugs

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by longbedder, Jan 3, 2007.

1. longbedder

longbedder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Set of 8 new Autolite 1110 glow plugs, never used. I got these with an engine I bought, but am switching to manual glow plug control and need a different style. They should work fine with a 6.2/6.5 with stock glow plug controller.

$45 (shipped) to the lower 48 states.

2. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

Why would you need a different style glow plug to go with a manual control? :confused: Use the stock style plugs, bypass the controller with a solenoid, & wire a momentary switch into the dash. Seen dozens of old 6.2's this way (set up 2 rigs this way myself)... Just trying to save you some coin, sorry if you've got something else in mind I'm not aware of. :wink1:

3. longbedder

longbedder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The short of it: 1110's are fine with the stock controller, but may burn up if powered too long via the manual control (they are not self limiting).

The wiring is jacked on the truck I'm putting it in. The PO had slashed and spliced from the firewall forward until nothing worked. I'm gonna have to do alot of custom wiring and circuit tracing anyway, so I'm not even gonna worry about trying to use the GP controller. I'm just going to install a manual GP setup and use AC60G plugs which will not burn up if I hold down the button too long.

4. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

Ok, then nevermind. :D Wasn't sure if you knew you had that option but obviously you've got everything under control! :waytogo:

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'd just count to 8 or 10 myself...:haha:

Then again... down there you could probably get away with counting to 5