Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gm 10 bolt, 3/4 ton????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CRAZEDHICK3, Jul 26, 2002.

1. CRAZEDHICK3

CRAZEDHICK3 Registered Member

Is there such a thing as a gm 10 bolt, 6 lug, but its a 3/4 ton. i am in the middle of putting a 6 inch suspension lift on my 90 jimmy, but items such as tie rod across the front only matches up with 3/4 ton listings. and when i dropped the rear axle for the spring install, the u-bolts were too small. the axle tubes measure 3 1/8" but the 1/2 ton u-bolts are 2 3/4". anyone else come across this?

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Oops! Your 2 3/4" u-bolts are the "first design" axle u-bolts. This means the u-bolts you have fit the '76 and older front axles. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

You need to swap those u-bolts for the newer "second design" axles which are '77 on up. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

As far as I know, 3/4 tons only came with 8 lugs and 1/2 tons with 6 lugs. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

u r right muddytaz.3/4 is 8 lug and 1/2 is 6 lug.always was like that as far as i know