Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM 14boltF/F

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Quetzal_SJ, Apr 14, 2001.

1. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Hello Folks,

Just got ahold of a 14bolt 3.73 today. First time laying eyes on one but man what a difference. All redone plus every thing I would need if I wanted to make it 10inch brakes. Here is what I need...

- any drawings, specs, instructions, that i could use to assemble the hubs and brakes
    -also any one in the bay area recomend a place(SHOP) that could weld on new shock mounts and possible spring perches

Thanks Quetzal

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Quetzal_SJ on 04/15/01 08:25 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Ive got a 14 bolt 3.73 locker 10.5" corporate also, from a 76 3/4 I parted out. Ive been debating over whether to save it for the Blazer or not.
    But finding a 3/4 ton 3.73 front axle to match, hmm.
    Would be good to use the 73-up style u bolts, too.
    Should be able to move the spring plates where they need to be, and use all the 73-up stuff.
    Dunno about shocks, hmmm.
    Maybe modify where they bolt up to the frame..

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", Olive green and primer, rusted out, rice smasher!

3. Quetzal_SJ

Well still would like to know if some one could recomend a place in the bay area that could weld on new spring pads and shock mounts?

Thanks

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Quetzal, check with California Differential in Milpitas. Also check with G-F Automotive in South San Francisco. You might want to try Frey Racing in Milpitas, but they mostly work on race cars, so they might be booked up and expensive.

5. Quetzal_SJ

Cool, thanks! Do you know if I would have to take the Jimmy in also or would they be able to do it with out having to installing the axle. I wanna have it ready to go in for a later date.

Thanks, Lico