Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM 383 Now available

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lehtola, Jul 5, 2001.

1. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

I was just called by my favorite GM dealership about my 383 that was ordered. I need to come and pick it up. 3 year 50,000 mile warranty. I'm gonna use a TBI set up. GM has an intake that will work with the vortech heads and TBI. I've got to deal with the egr tube and a weld kit for the header tube and the intake manifold. Ooops...almost forgot...larger TBI...670 cfm...and a new computer chip for the correct fuel curve... All of this is a little pricey...about $4,200. But hey...would have spent it on something else anyway. Anyone want to come over hang around and turn a few wrenches with me?

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

2. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

lehtola,
    Where in NC are you? I'm in Jacksonville, and would love to turn a wrench or too and do something that will educate me for when I do an engine swap. I am thinkin of running Tellico in Aug if I can get the work done on my rig by then. I will probably do a post to see who all wants to do a run.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

3. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

let us know how it works out. this is something i will be doing in the future...

4. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I would love to help you out. I am 17 years old and don't know too much about engines, but this is something I would love to do to my K5 some time, and would be a cool thing to help out with. Where in NC are you located?

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 4" lift, 33" BFG muds

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

OK guys... I ain't in NC, but saw the posts and have a comment for ya'll to think about. Only 17? Come on... I was drag racing a car into the 10's at 17... so age is no excuse, plus how else you gonna learn? General has the right idea... the best way to learn is watch and more importantly do. I'm sure Leth would appriciate the help... it is always nice to have a few guys on the project to help with moving around the motors and getting stuff done. Even if you just an extra set of hands, it will be a great learning experience. Just my $.02 though.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

6. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

no S##T when I was 17 I had probably put in at least 20 or 30
    engines. so go help and better yet LEARN you will never regret it.

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you