Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM 6.2 engines, parts, turbos, etc

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by FSJeeper, Sep 2, 2001.

1. FSJeeper

FSJeeper 1/2 ton status

I have several 6.2 GM diesel engines out of CUCV trucks for sale. One is a new military rebuild, one has about 5000 miles on it, one has about 100,000 miles on it, and another is a good core.

Aslo have several low mileage HD military radiators. one GM 6.5 turbo setup, and one Banks turbo setup. Flywheels, flexplates, etc.....

Anyone doubting the ability for these engines to make good power, I have a built 6.2 that puts out about 300hp and gets 20 mpg. It has penisular pistons, custom Banks turbo setup running high boost, custom injector pump, advanced cam drive gears, ported heads, seriously blueprinted, rods and crank lightened and polished then shot peened and nitrited. These are the lightest diesels made, parts are cheap from surplus, and I think people are missing out on a great engine. I am running 5.87 gears with a eaton gear splitter/OD and a cummins NV4500 with OD behind that. Power is not an issue especially with all of the gearing. Am doing a ground up rebuild of my truck and can't wait to get it all back together.

2. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

Hey there. I asked you this before, but you were gone. How much for a 6.2 oil pan? I could use one to modify for the ATS turbo setup I just picked up for cheap. I could also use a handful of this oil pan bolts(I'm missing one but you can never have too many spares). Also, how much one of the radiators? I have a friend with a '76 chevy pickup and the rad is a bit leaky. Would one of those HD models fit in his 76? How much to ship one to Richmond, VA 23237? I know the shipping will kill me but this way I am guarenteed a no leak unit. Thanks. You can answer me here or send a pm.

3. FSJeeper

FSJeeper 1/2 ton status

The oil pans I have are on engines. I do not have any loose ones. If someone wants to part out the core I have, maybe a pan would be left. I do not know if the radiators would fit a earlier model chevy. These are 84, 85, and 86 model truck radiators. They were used on Border Patrol CUCV's in south Texas. In hot Texas summers, I have never had an overheating problem with these radiators. Shipping would be a hassle and would probably cost about $40.

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a spare oil pan from a 6.2. Name your price and where you live and i will see on shipping.

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!

5. Wheeljack

Wheeljack Registered Member

How much for the turbo?

6. FSJeeper

FSJeeper 1/2 ton status

$500 for the GM, $750 for the Banks.

7. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

How many miles are on the Banks Turbo setup.

8. FSJeeper

FSJeeper 1/2 ton status

I don't know. I bought it on ebay. They said it was pulled from a wrecked truck and was working perfect whenthey pulled. It was from a salvage yard.