Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM 6" front leaf springs

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by b454rat, Jun 11, 2006.

1. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I tried the 52s up front, the first pair flattened right out, next set I got might have worked, but not having a welder, and tired of waiting on people to get stuff done. So, I'm looking for a set of 6" springs for the front 73-87 style. Something in the northeast, shipping would most likely kill the deal.

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

what bout 8" BDS? they've got about 1500 miles on them. they will be off the truck in a couple weeks once i get my 52s. let me know

3. b454rat

How much you asking, and what about trading for a set of 52s?? I have a brand new set that I tried, but since I didn't have the right brackets, I couldn't really test it out. They didn't flatten all the way like the other set that I had.

4. muddybuddy

how much lift and what brand?

5. b454rat

They are stock height springs, OEM replacements. The springs were basically sitting on the frame, and with the brackets giving me a little lift, I thought it would have been too high. I only wanted to get a couple inches more than what I had. I started to take some leaves out, but then get irritated and cause I didn't sell the axle, the brackets or my other truck, so I put it back to how it was. They are a heavier pack, but can take leaves out to tune it some. I took #2 and 3 out, and settled down some, but didn't flatten out.

6. muddybuddy

:doah: im lookin for lifted springs. you wouldnt have any lifted 63" springs would you?

id like to get $250 for them. all the bushings are in great condition. the springs havent been flexed much at all, so i dont think they are even fully broken in. we could probably meet if your interested. let me know. thanks

7. b454rat

Actually I do know where I can get some 6" 63" springs. They were on my truck when it was alot bigger. For $250 I might do that. My sister lives in Arlington, and *think* she is coming up, but some how I don't think she is gonna want to put springs in her leased Saab convertable. lol. How much lift are you looking to get??

8. muddybuddy

im actually looking for 4" or 6". i think i have a source for 6" 52's so a shackleflip and the 6" 63s would work perfect :) got a price?

9. b454rat

I sold them to a friend with the 12" springs that I had, he's using the fronts, but not the rears, so I know he will sell them. I was thinking about getting them for my truck, but I don't think it will be no 6" higher than what it is now. Maybe trade for those??

10. muddybuddy

what brand are they? that sounds good to me :)

11. b454rat

They were Pro Comps. They are sooooooffffftttttt!!!!! If for whatever reason he doens't want to sell them, (he's weird like that, one day get it out of here, the next he's a packrat) I'll take your springs. Anyway to meet? The wife about shat herself when I was "trading" for parts, and bitching about money, so it would have to be a weekend thing. Inless I have to go to DC again, and thought you said you don't go that way?? What about beltway by 66 or somewhere near there??

12. muddybuddy

saturdays usually are free. i could meet off 66 somewhere. let me know if your friend wants to get rid of those springs

13. b454rat

If it's a Saturday, then might not be able to meet. Gonna take 4 1/2 hours to get there. What about during the week, in the mornings somewhere near 66?? When I go down there, it's in a tri-axle, and they don't like comm. trucks on 66. I should see him this week.

14. muddybuddy

actually weekday mornings work also. let me know when you talk to him. thanks.

i also gatta find some other front springs i can put on my truck so i can take these off.

15. b454rat

I have a set of 4" somethings that are on my truck now. Bushings are smoked, pulled them out of the junkyard and put them on the truck. They work pretty good, but also have a heavy truck. Don't know if you would want something like that or not...