Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM BUY POWER :)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Sep 17, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

YEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE GENERAL right now!!!

I had heard about this fancy GM Buy Power thing they had, thought it was just a bunch of BS, until I emailed a Buy Power manager down in Greenfield, MA regarding a '02 suburban they have in stock. My email said

"Are you able to work from invoice on the above vehicle?"

His reply is

I am able to sell you the vehicle at $500 above invoice, and currently you can get either 1.9%/48 mo 2.9%/60 mo or $2000 cash back.

Hell HOLY SH*T that's $1500 UNDER invoice for me if I were to take the cash back........ going to talk John into taking the day off tomorrow.......hmmmm gonna have to meet him at the door with NADA on........thank god the kids are sleeping...yeahh!!!

(you watch John will say "you like THAT color?" (its REDFIRE METALLIC) <font color="red"> YUP I LIKE THIS COLOR!</font color>

Brandy

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Congrats. I used GMbuypower and didnt even think to mention it to you. I thought you used it already. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Im glad things are working out..
    John

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Congrats!
    I'm sure John will like "your" color too /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Greenfield, MA. is right up the road (15 minutes). I used to work right by one of the local GM dealers (Dillon Chevrolet).

Let us know how you make out (if you get a Suburban).

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

it's Dillon Chevrolet! I was going to go with Don Lorenz, but the GMC is more $$ for the "same" truck as a Chevy. Plus, Don Lorenz's gmbuypower sales man is a *(&amp;^*&amp;(^__(&amp;*)_*...tried to explain to me WHY I didn't want the options I wanted. umm hello....

heeheheh... John says Saturday is the day, we will go down and meet with the salemsan I have been emailing, and hopefully it will be what I'm expecting. I can't wait to buy a rig with no hassle. what will they think of next?

Brandy

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It's funny you say that. Don Lorenz sponsors a Superstock and a 4WD modified rig in our truck pulls, and both crews do not have a good reputation for "playing nice". I think both drivers work at the dealership and the mechanics do work on the truck (must be a Don Lorenz thing).

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

When John had his STS a few years ago, we ended up having problems with our electric close trunk while we were at BJ's in Greenfield. we went to Don Lorenz, and bought a new mechanism....the service writer thought I should pay them the $68 per hour to install it....said there was NO way I could install it...etc. etc... went out into the parking lot, on the service side....popped out a screwdriver, undid the old latch, put the new latch in, shut the trunk and left...never been back for service. but we don't own a cadi or a GMC now either.

Brandy

7. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

let me guess...someone slammed the trunk shut. They used to do that in my Seville all the time. Picked up my dad at the airport, puts in his luggage and <font color="red"> SLAM </font color> !!!! I told him, "dad, you don't slam ANYTHING on a Caddy."

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Hmmm....
    I bet Lady Gwenevier got a screaming deal on that white horse she was rideing around on.

Keep that inmind when you go to pick up that new ride'.

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif