Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM Code Book- Part 1

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Can Can, Nov 26, 2000.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I went down to the local GM dealership trying to figure out a couple of my option codes(from the sticker in the glovebox). The counter guy was pretty cool, and quietly handed me a copy of the little white option code book to keep. So if any of you have any codes that you're not sure of, get ahold of me and I'll set you up!

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Could you post this so we dont have to pester you a million times? Thanks
    Luke

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I just phoned my boss and he told me I couldn't take the week off to do that, Luke!!!!!! LOL !!!!!!! In case you didn't know, the book has around 50 pages with approx 50 codes per page........Anyhow, if you need any codes deciphered just let me know. I don't consider helping out a brother "pestering", more like "annoying".......JUST KIDDING!!!!! I'm here to learn AND to help!!!!!

4. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    WOW dint realize there was that many!

5. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

it actually has about 68 pages, but the first 16 pages are on VIN i.d. and it also has about 64 codes per page. on the downside there are some codes that are not shown. if you have the big GM parts catalog, it has all the codes up to whatever year your book is plus it has axle i.d. codes and other codes not in the RPO book.

phil

6. Jackson 88K5

Jackson 88K5 1/2 ton status

I saw this after I just posted the question about GM Code G80=Gov Lock. I wanted to see if you might have info on what Gov Lock means. Thank you.

http://www.tjcommons.com/88K5/