Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM Injection Pump Warranty

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by jac6695, Feb 3, 2004.

1. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Anyone familiar with the extended warranty on 6.5L trucks? Mine finally failed last week (119,911 miles- Gm warranty ends at 120,000) and the dealer is trying to sell me a new fuel tank ($1000.00+) explaining contamination from rust in the tank has caused the injection pump to fail. The dealer claims it is part of GM diagnostics to check for rust and replace tank as part of extended warranty. I think it is the dealers way of making money.
    I have already tried to get proof of the rust, but of course I would have to pay them to disassemble the filter, etc. and show me. Anyone have a similar experience?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Damn, I thought you just got that pump serviced? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Good luck with the dealership asshats... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

James call Henry at Luby chevy tell him your a freind of mine and whats up. He will point you in the right direction or get you taken care of.