Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM is doing some cool stuff...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Aug 8, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well in this months Off Road mag they had an article about the new GM mid-sized P/Us (GMC Canyon and Chevy Colorado). The base motor is a 2.8L inline 4! It makes 175hp and 185lbs ft. Thats a good motor but it gets more unusual, the upgrade for motors is a 3.5L inline 5. That thing makes 220hp and 225lbs ft. GM is doing some cool things. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i heard ther are some bigger inline 5s coming in the fullsize pickups that haul some MAJOR ASS!!

I want my 350 back. . . only thing that still comes with a 350 is a corvette /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i think. . .

best engine ever is leaving. . .

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    only thing that still comes with a 350 is a corvette

[/ QUOTE ]

They still have a 5.7L available?? Don't follow them much, but I know that none of the trucks have 5.7L. Had heard rumors the next 'vette motor was going to be a 6L, which would bring it more up to speed with the Viper. If Dodge can build the Viper, GM can build a 502 'vette. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

GM needs to put a big block back in the vette, if nothing else for the nostalgia factor. And yes they still run a 5.7L though its actually more like 348cui. They run the LS1 and LS6(ZO6) motors. My dad was really mad when he went to get a new truck that he couldn't get a 350. His last 5 trucks have all been GMs with 350s in them and this time he bought a F*rd... stupid move. he didn't like how much he had to get on it to get the newer Chevy's to move. He said they hauled when he did but it took too much throttle(rpms) in his opinion.

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

LS1 and LS6 in the vettes are 346 cubic inches...as close to a 350 as you'll find in anything nowadays...