Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM Jeep Flat Tops whats the differance?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Feb 24, 2006.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I need some knuckles to do crossover on my 10B and I found some on e-bay the guy said here GM/Jeep knuckles and I dont want any jeep parts... is there anyway to tell the differace? They have already been milled drilled and tapped and the casting # on the passenger side is C36519

2. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Full size jeeps used the full size d44 like chevy ford and dodge. The Full size (wagoneer i think) is the exact same knuckle on the chevys. EVERYTHING bolts up.

This is a good link for flat top stuff. http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/flatop_knucles.html

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Good read , so how many have ever actually seen the pass side flattop drilled and tapped from the factory :ears:

from that article :

[​IMG]

Dana never made a passenger side knuckle that was drilled and tapped from the factory. This is a general misconception that the above knuckle disproves. They are very rare but they are out there, so keep your eyes open. So far I only know of one other knuckle other then the one I found. Stamped # RC38618

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Just a word of caution for others looking at this. Jeep also used a non-flat top knuckle on some of the full size D44s. It looks similar to the GM 10B one.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am using a Jeep D44 knuckle for my crossover steering. It works fine. The only thing that I have found that is different is that the spindle bolts are not in the exact same place and the caliper is moved a little bit upward. It has not caused any problems sofar.

Harley

6. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I have a chevy 10 bolt knuckle with a WFO steering arm and 7 month old ball joints in it I'll be selling when I put my D60 underneath my truck in a couple weeks.

Email me if intersted.

Thanks,