Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gm performance vortec heads

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 86chevybanshee, May 8, 2005.

1. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

anyone running the gm performance parts vortec heads?

im looking for a new set of heads (one fell off my tool box at work and cracked :mad: ) so im looking at these

also i just bought a new tbi eldlebrock intake for my truck, will that work with the vortecs? also how would they effect the tbi?

thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I hate to say it, but do some searching. Vortecs and all the "issues" with them have been beaten into the ground in past posts. (especially fuel injection and Vortecs)

Consensus is that they are great heads, but that's also very dependent on what you want to do with them.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Your Edelbrock TBI manifold wont work with Vortecs. IMHO You would be better off getting a set of World SR torquer center bolt heads, or GM L98 heads.

4. JDNobodi

JDNobodi 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Are you talking about the new cast iron Bow Tie Vortecs heads? I think the Bow Ties come with a duel intake bolt pattern like the Fast Burn heads. My Jeg's catalog says regular Vortecs cost $259 each while the new heads cost $539 each.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The aluminum fast burn heads come dual pattern as well, but with the raised intake port, apparently you have to have a unique manifold to use the non-vortec bolt pattern and have the ports line up.