Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GM TBI Injector Alignment in the Pod, which way? does it matter?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigburban383, Mar 31, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I just got this 454 TBI and I am going to borrow the injectors. I took it apart and noticed they weren't in the same way. The connectors go side to side, its just they are 180 degrees different. I have no clue if this has every been serviced. Does it matter what way the injectors go into the pods?

Oh, where can I find just the fuel meter cover gasket? I mean do you know if autozone or advanced auto parts carries them, or is it a dealer item?

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

The injectors have a notch at the bottom that is indexed over a protrusion in the pod...The can onlygo in and fully seat ONE direction. The can be a biatch to snap back into place...it is a tight fit. The gasket you speak of is not available by itself that I knbow of. It is usually in the TBI rebuild kits or with a new FPR kit. If you go to NAPA and get a FPR rebuild kit, I think it has that gasket in it...

Chris

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I spoke too soon! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif The injectors have a little knob sticking out (kinda looks like a SMALL roll pin). That pin seats in a notch machined into the injector pod. You are correct, though. While the injectors have the pins in the same spot, the bore for on injector is 180* off the bore for the other...

Chris

4. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Thank you so much for your help, I see the index notches now /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif