Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GMC ==> Chevy parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SS66, Mar 22, 2004.

1. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Jimmys and Blazers seem to be able to use ( all? ) the same parts from one-another. Im wondering if its the same way with GMC and Chevy pickup trucks? Can a k30 trade parts with a Sierra 3500?

Thanks

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

In general, in the same year or similar years, with the possible exception of trim parts & interior bits, that being what's different.

Depends, in other words, how far apart they are (model years).

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My truck is a real mix of Chev and GMC K5, K10, K20 and M1008 parts. It started life as a Jimmy...

If GM could use a part on multiple platforms they would. We have a 75 Oldsmobile sitting in a field where we work on our junk...and on a whim we pulled the front calipers off hoping we could turn them in for cores. They were the exact same calipers as the 3/4 ton front calipers my buddy just bought for his rear disc conversion. Previous to that we robbed the blower fan's squirrel cage for my blower fan...it was the same size and bolted right up.

Rene

4. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Ok thanks guys. I guess in the future I'll either be looking for a K30 with a 6.2 or a Sierra 3500 with a 6.2 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif