Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*** GMC/Chevy Quadrasteer***

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Slayer, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    Just read about the *NEW* GMC/Chevy Quadrasteer, which steers the <font color=red>REAR</font color=red> wheels. The system comes standard on the 2002 GMC Sierra Denali (formerly the GMC C3). It will also be a <font color=red>$3,500 option</font color=red> on all GMC and Chevy full-size, expended cab pickups.
    <font color=green>Under 7mph, the rear wheels can steer up to 12 degrees in the opposite direction of the front wheels</font color=green>. <font color=blue>From 7-40 mph, the 12 degrees is cut by the computerized control</font color=blue>. <font color=green>Over 40mph, the rear wheels will steer up to 5 degrees in the same direction as the front wheels</font color=green>.
    Suposedly this type of system was tried on several other vehicles, including Honda Prelude's, Mazda 626's, Dodge Stealth R/T's, Mitsubishi 3000GT's and Nissan 300ZX's, but this is the first time for a truck, where the 4-wheel steering can actually help the rig manuever.
    <font color=red>Too bad the new Denali truck costs about half as much as a damn house..............</font color=red>
    BUT, they still haven't figured out how to install a BeerMeister as a low-cost option.

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

i had 4WS in an 88 prelude Si back in the day. it takes getting used to- felt weird on the freeway....

bad turning radius should be a tax paid by all the a-holes who buy huge trucks for no reason other than that is what marketing tells them they should, 'cause the profit margin is so sweet.

greg ( how many excursions do you see loaded down with people and gear, towing something? )

** i'm so money **