Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GMC Grilles on ebay

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JungleBoy, Mar 22, 2002.

1. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

A couple available - first time I have seen one in a while. Search "gmc grille". Not mine - mine's at the plater's...
    JB

2. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

JB: How much did your chrome guys want to re-plate? My Grille and headlamp bezels once lived in Newport CA, [w/ the P.O.] and got a little coastal corrosion.

3. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

Someone had installed a bug shield on the hood which worried some indentations into the top bar. To remove the bar, repair these indents and chrome plate the 2 pieces - $500 in Houston - Speed & Sport Chrome on Broadway. GMC Paul now has repro grilles (I think) already painted for $450...
    JB

4. BluThndr71JMMY

They tell me mine's a "Whiteface." Don't know quite what that means but I see some GMCs driving around with various aspects of the grille shaded in black or charcoal gray. I guess it depends on the year or were some dealers doing it as a dress up? Wow.That's pretty spendy, but I'm sure worth it. I think I'll try the autosol polish first. LOLWhen I got out of the service, a buddy worked in chrome shop and plated a front bumper with '72-style cutouts for foglamps. I think it cost me $50 including the bumper. The EPA later shut that shop down. I still have the bumper on the Subn.

5. alta-aj

alta-aj Registered Member

BluThunder, For that 'little bit' of corrosion try using a soft cloth a some fine rubbing compound. My grille was quite corroded and it cleaned up like new.

6. BluThndr71JMMY

I'll try that. Thanks, Man.