Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GMC Jimmy dash trim

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by August, Mar 30, 2006.

1. August

August Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I have a 1980 GMC Jimmy wich I am actually restoring to original condition. The previous owner drilled to big holes in the dash, passenger´s side, in the brushed aluminium trim (between the 2 a/c vents), to put two useless gauges; a vdo clock and a thermometer.

I removed them first thing after buying the truck, and now there are the holes at sight[​IMG]

Anyone have a good used trim for sale? I have tried to search through the vendors but was unable to find it.

Thanks,

August from Spain

2. fasthumpman

fasthumpman Registered Member

i got an 80 chevy k5 i just ordered bunch of stuff from lmc truck. they have fair prices if you ask me. im lookin at what you want right now it runs for bout 99 bucks... dunno how much your lookin to spend but hey its brand new. good luck with your restoration.

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

While I can not see any at the moment ebay will be a good place for the factory piece.

I do not know of any NOS dash piece dealers.

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

If you can't find any used one on eBay, Chevy Duty... I mean America's Classic Car Parts (or whatever they had to change their name to) is usually cheaper than LMC.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

dont rule out the dealership, alot of parts are still available for the 73-91s.

Classic Industries lists one (pn 14249, 1973-80black/brushed alum look-with ac) for 79.95