Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GMC Parking Light Detail Needed

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JungleBoy, Oct 4, 2001.

1. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

I just got the grille out of the chrome shop - looks great except - they clamped one of the connectors on the hole where the parking light mounts and there is a small spot with no chrome. My lamps are with the body about 250 miles away. Need the followng:

1) Is this hole area, here the parking light screws go through the grille, in the CHROME or BLACK area?

2) I remember, or seem to, that the lamps mount entirely behind the grille. Is this true? I don't think there is a bezel which might serve to hide this naked spot, but I could be wrong.

Anone have a good pic of the parking light area?

Thanks
    JB

2. JST12

JST12 1/2 ton status

Jungleboy,
    I checked my 71 GMC. There is a 1/2 inch of chrome around the entire parking light hole, including where the two small screws go in on each side of the parking light. There is black to each side and below this chrome area. The screws help position the light in the hole, but the light assy is also held to the radiator support with a flimsy "L" bracket and bolt. You are right that the light goes in from behind and there is no bezel. I don't have a good picture for you, but hope it helps. JT

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by JST12 on 10/06/01 10:20 PM.</FONT></P>

3. Marc72

Marc72 Registered Member

JungleBoy - I ran out and snapped a pic of my parking light for you and I'll email it to you.

Hope that helps...

Marc

'72 GMC Jimmy

4. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

Tahnks fellas - back to the chrome shop...