Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GMRS Radio's

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Rayven90, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Rayven90

Rayven90 Registered Member

GMRS Radio\'s

Hey I just bought a set of these Motorola 5 mile radios and was pretty impressed.Seemed to work well. Any one else tried these?

Ray

2. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Re: GMRS Radio\'s

Hi Ray

Are you still happy with your motorola 5 mile radios? Do you have to have a license to use them....and where did you buy them? Cabela's or Bassmasters? or online? We want to get something so if my backyard mechanic is out fishing we can use that instead of cell phone. We live right by the lake and he is never more than 5 miles away. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Judy

3. Rayven90

Rayven90 Registered Member

Judy,
    I am still happy with them. I bought them from Officw Depot for 39.99 each after rebates....If you live in a flat area which I suspect you do if you live on a lake, they should work great. In town, throgh houses and buildings Get about two miles. Keep good batteries in them and you will be happy... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Thank you Ray. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

~~Judy~~