Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

go figure

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by archer, Sep 7, 2000.

1. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

I just put new calipers, rotors, pads, a trans filter and gasket, new gears and a variety of other little odds and ends Got in the ol' K5 to take it around the block and....................nothin'! I guess I'll be-a-addin a battery to the list tomorrow. But I don't care , It's still alot better than paying 500.00 or more a month in payments! Just venting my frustration.

"who dares wins"

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Amen, mine's paid for and I have to talk my self out of selling my other car all the time. Although the 28 days of 100+ weather we had in August sure made my car nice. Of course now my 'service engine soon' light is on. Since it's a '96 and has OBDII, it costs at least $50 just to have the trouble codes read. (this is on my '96 Monte)
    Can't wait for it to cool down so I can drive my K5 more.

3. S10-4x4

S10-4x4 1/2 ton status

Ya know that you can use a "key" and ground out the two thingys on the box and it will read your codes for you?!?!
    Goto AutoZone or Advance Auto parts or your choice of place and ask for a "key" to read your codes. They will give you a book? and you can fix it yourself!!! I did this many a time and saved myself some cash!!!
    Laters

S10-4x4

J**P...Its what's for dinner
    http://s10-4x4.coloradok5.com

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Great tip ....I read my own codes on my wifes LeBaron and fixed it myself .....very easy and inexpensive.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

10-4, I cnat wait til m payments are done on my Probe! Thanks god my Jimmy is paid for!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com