Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Go kart plans

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by chillywilly, Aug 25, 2003.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly Registered Member

Well my son has outgrown his power wheels. Anybody got any decent go kart plans kickin around?

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

<--- 21 year old kid interested too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kris

3. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

also interested!!!!
    hoping to build it for his 12th birthday
    anyone

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

buy a honda oddyssey and modify it. my lil brother is doin this(14) and its almost finished. he has a CBR 600 crotchrocket engine on it....this thing is gonna b insane when it gets done. i tihnk he payed $500 all together so far. including all the metal for the cage.

NITRO

5. chillywilly

chillywilly Registered Member

Ok I found a free set of plans at mxk.com.Anyone got any others these arent exactly what I want,but its a start. My kid is just turning 5 so the odessey thing is a littl big for him. Maybe me tho !! lol /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Suppose we should move this to the garage to get more hits?

6. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

Well although i dont know where to find a set of blueprints, i do use a company called Azusa Engineering that sells go kart parts, great price on most parts...
    they sell pretty much every part you would need, including full frames, steering components, with their parts list i dont know if you'd even need blueprints!
    www.azusaeng.com

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

www.northerntool.com has pretty much everything you need to make a go-kart. They even sell complete go-kart and mini-bike kits now, but of course you can buy anything and everything separately to make it to your liking.

Sorry, I don't have any plans, but look around on the internet for just regular pictures of go-karts...it's pretty easy to formulate "plans" in your head.

8. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

When I was like 12 or 13 I took a small, old riding mower frame and put a Kawasaki 175cc motorcycle engine on it. It would go about 40mph which doesn't sound fast, but when you're driving a 1968 lawn mower frame, it's fast enough. Had loads of power and eventually even got a roll cage. (Which was tested relentlessly...) Not sure I would recommend this for a young kid without many years of redneck experience though... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Paul

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

few years ago after my go-cart got stolen from the lawn shop(pissed me of..one of a kind..biult from a rider mower..had a 3 speed tranny and a 8HP techumseh with a custom frame..big nerf tires in the back and small in the front)..i biult a minibke..bought an old sears frame form some guy for 50 bucks..got a 5hp techumseh of a snow blower...and got the rest of the parts fomr kartworld.com and similar places..fun bike..beat the [darn] out of that poor thing. got it up to 45 mph w/ out the govenour /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

my dad just finished rebiulding that moter /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif after i took it apart to rebiuld it and lost interest (bought my truck)