Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

go lakers!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, May 10, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Shaq for dang-near-a-triple-double... George lookin like Willis Reed... Kobe throwin down 39... and even Madsen played pretty well!!! IMO it all comes down to game 4... early prediction, the team that wins game 4 will take the series. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif lakers!!!!!! w00t!!!

j

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

whats tripple double?

And did anyone see Sac-Town loose it in OT? MAN! I was so dissapointed. Such a clutch game; lost some money too =(

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I missed the game! But, after being routed twice as bad a couple days before by the Spurs, I was sure they'd fight hard. I still predict th Spurs will win it in 5. But, they can't get too confident, Lakers always come back very quickly. I think it's gonna be a great series...have my tickets to the next game! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

a triple double is , when you get double digit stats,
    10 points, 10 assists, 10 rebounds, /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif or in
    shaqs case 35 points, /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif 12 rebounds /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, and 3
    assists /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif because hes a ball hog, thats why
    there is dissent among him and kobie, the more points
    you score the more $$$$ you get /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    shaqs case 35 points, 12 rebounds , and 3
    assists because hes a ball hog,

[/ QUOTE ]

What?? Shaq is a post player, post players are not expected to get assists. They score, they board, they close down the lane, all of which Shaq does. Ball hog? You have got to be kidding. Shaq passes the ball as well as any big man in the game, and does so with great frequency. He recognizes teams double or triple down when he has the ball, and he generally kicks it out when this happens.

6. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

i know, you be right, but theres always some rumor
    shaq this kobie that, hopefully they can see the value
    of playing together, share the fame whatever it takes,
    the timber wolves have been facing that dillema,
    they could have a great team if stephan marburys pride
    didnt get in the way of playing second fiddle to k-g,
    he accepted a smaller contract to play for new jersey
    than he got offered from minn, because he didnt want to
    play for less than k-g, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Lakers win today and were rolling all the way.....
    NHL...DUCKS...nice...................

8. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    or in shaqs case 35 points, /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif 12 rebounds /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, and 3
    assists /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif because hes a ball hog, thats why
    there is dissent among him and kobie, the more points
    you score the more $$$$ you get /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure Shaq was among league leaders in assists at the center position. He does shoot the ball a lot, because thats what he gets paid to do. His FG percentage is so high it only makes sense to give the guy the ball as often as you can.

j

9. jekbrown

yay, another Laker win. A win in San Antonio would really put the spurs on the ropes...

j

10. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Its ok series is 2v2 i still got faith, its sac-town im a little worried about... lost it, barely in double OT... we'll see tonight however... so far they are up at the 1/2 w/ 15pts and remmeber all this WITHOUT CHRIS WEBER!!!

11. BLAZEN70

BLAZEN70 Registered Member

Yea baby!! Woot! Woot! Getin closer to the 4-pete. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Now if we could only get an NFL team. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

12. jekbrown

yeah, i think sac and dallas are going to beat each other to death in this series... LOTS of runnin around, fast paced games, double overtimes and all that jazz are gonna wear em down for who ever comes out of the Spurs/Lakers series. This year i think Spurs/Lakers is the championship series (sorta like Sac vs LA was last year. The east sucks, and neither dallas nor Sac (without c-webb!) can beat san antone or LA... especially if they are all worn out.

j

13. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Sac-Town isn't playing too smart, ie all the running around and quick shots. I still got faith in em. maybe the flakers or spurs will choke.

14. jekbrown

this is IT!!!! IMO, whichever team wins tonight is gonna win the championship. GO LAKERS!!! phil is back, george is healthier, shaq/kobe are always ready... lets gogogogogogogo!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif w000t!!!

j

15. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Uh oh, looks like sanantizzle is taking it.... sac still has a chance. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. jekbrown

laker lose. doh!! Im a die hard laker fan, but if they pull this series out I'll be surprised. Good job by San Antone of holding off the Laker comeback at the end. Too bad Horry missed his shot...

j

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    laker lose. doh!! Im a die hard laker fan, but if they pull this series out I'll be surprised. Good job by San Antone of holding off the Laker comeback at the end. Too bad Horry missed his shot...

j

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was gonna cry when he turned around after he saw it missed... the look on his face said it all... DOH! Sac is out of it. With a healthy team with Webber, I thought they had a great chance, but realistically they can't compete.....

18. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

That game was the single most abyssmal officiating performance I may have ever seen. That kind of reffing in the NBA is inexcusable. Shaq getting T'd up for shaking the fawking Spurs off of him?? Absolutely rediculous. Officiating did not cost the Lakers the game, but I am AMAZED they even had any desire to play...refereeing should never affect the flow of a basketball game the way it did in game 5. Ludicrous. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

On another note, who is lazier than the Lakers? Gawd, if they had played defense the whole game like they did in the 4th, the Horry miss would be a non-issue. They are vicitms of their own success; they think they can just win whenever they need to. I hope that is true, but I think the Spurs may take this one now.

19. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Lets see if they can win two in a row, and get a win at SBC...
    we still have the DUCKS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. jekbrown

yeah, it'll be interesting to see if they come to play all 48 minutes in game 6. I know Kobe and Shaq will, but 2 guys dont make a team defense...

j