Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Go Rhino Axle Trusses

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by slider, Nov 16, 2001.

1. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Any one have a picture of their rig with a set of these axle trusses installed? I bought a used set and I am trying to figure out the mounting bolts. The bolts look like shock bolts for a chevy truck?. If anyone has these on their rig can you help a fellow wheeler out. Thanks Jeff

2. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I know someone must have a set on their rig or know someone who comes to this site who does.

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i HAD one on, but after it caught on every rock at tellico, i took it off. make sure you have all the hardware to mount it up.

rt side- 2 semi-circular metal pieces with bolt holes on each side wrap around the axle tube and tightening these bolts "clamps" the tube. there is a little tab that sticks out that goes under the ubolt (i think, because i ground mine off!)

middle- same as rt. side mius the little tab.

lt side- the bracket is a little different as the semi-circular mount has 2 little tabs that mount to the truss and the bolts will be fore and aft of the axle.

damn, this sounds confusing----i will try to find some pics though

rob

350 TBI, 700R-4, NP241, D44-14FF, 4:10's, 38.5 TSL/SX's, full conv., full cage
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com>www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I went to your picture page and saw you had one on the front. Did you ever have one on the rear? If someone can find a couple of pictures I would be forever thankful. I have the drivers side mount but I seem to be missing the passengers side. I contacted Rhino and they have a mounting kit for 25.00 so i think that will be money well spent

5. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

HOLD ON!!! i have my old ones....send me ten bucks to cover the ride and they are yours!!!

BTW-i have all 3 for the front. you will have to get three of the bolts your self though,

rob

350 TBI, 700R-4, NP241, D44-14FF, 4:10's, 38.5 TSL/SX's, full conv., full cage
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com>www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com</a>

6. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Did the front have three or four? Either way send me a e mail so we can get adresses. Contact me send me a private mail Thanks dude

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by slider on 11/16/01 07:30 PM.</FONT></P>