Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gobble Gobble

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by clarkjw24, Mar 31, 2004.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Lets see how many Longbeards the K5 family can bag this season. Post up spurrs, weight, and beards.

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I had a terrible season last year- Nada one. All I could find were tracks.

3. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Lets see how many Longbeards the K5 family can bag this season. Post up spurrs, weight, and beards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't been able to get out and get after the birds yet, but I did bag me a poacher already. Friggin a**es drive up and down our road and take pot shots out of their vehicle. I mighta left 'em alone if they hadn't shot three times right in front of my house. Grrrr. Can't wait to get me a bird though!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Our season starts in about 7 hours. I can't wait.....what a rush calling in that gobbler (thinking he's gonna get some arse) and bam, the hammer drops! I probably won't sleep tonight.

"Haven't been able to get out and get after the birds yet, but I did bag me a poacher already. Friggin a**es drive up and down our road and take pot shots out of their vehicle. I mighta left 'em alone if they hadn't shot three times right in front of my house. Grrrr. "

Sounds like I might would have more fun sitting in the edge of the woods and taking pot shots at them there poachers! You only have to do it once, they won't come back...trust me./forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Anyway good Luck! Maybe I'll be posting sum pics tommorrow of som dirtysouth big birds. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[quote ...]but I did bag me a poacher already.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nothing worse than a low-life [darn] poacher screwing it up for all of us honest hunters. Scumbags !!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

last year my buddy shot one and went to go get it and 30 yards back he heard something squirming around and it was another gobbler, 1 shot 2 gobblers and the one in the back was 24lbs and the front was 19lbs

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Aight, le'me run down to the grocery and see what i can find,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. offroad87

offroad87 Registered Member

i was workin a bird saturday, about to seal the deal and a damn hen came over and took him away. i was pissed /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I found where the birds were roosting friday evening (powerline) set up in the wrong field saturday morning, then set up in the right field sunday morning and shot a tom less than a minute after he flew down from the roost. I was back at grandmother's house before sunrise /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

You guys suck!! I have to wait until the 15th !!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. afroman006

Got another one today. This is the smallest one I've ever killed but after all the work I went through for it, it was ok with me. Well two down, two tags to go, bowhunting time. I only have two weeks left in the season, but the mating is all done and the goblers are hangin out with goblers so hunting's a little tougher, but I'll see what I can do /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I cant go until the first week of may.

13. afroman006

Got #3 this morning, scattergun again. It was kinda a spur of the moment hunt and I left my bow at work last night so... One more tag and one more weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Hey, how are you calling them in? In the northeat, the turkeys are smart, fast, and have vision like a... well, turkey.

15. afroman006

Actually the first and third I didnt make a single call. I had them roosted and killed the first one a few weeks ago like a minute after he flew down from the roost and the third, this morning was in almost exactly the same place and the same situation. Same group of hens with a new big daddy

16. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I finally got my shoulder healed up and am going out Thursday. Woo hoo!! Gonna grab the bow for the AM and if that fails then I have the shotgun for later. If THAT fails, me and a buddy are gonna call in some 'yotes. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif