Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

God and Marines

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlazerGuy, Feb 27, 2004.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Probably a repost...so sue me... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

An atheist professor was teaching a college class and he told the class that he was going to prove that there is no God. He said, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!"

Ten minutes went by. He kept taunting God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting." He got down to the last couple of minutes and a Marine just released from active duty and newly registered in the class walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him flying from his platform.

The professor struggled up, obviously shaken and yelled, "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine replied, "God was busy. He sent me."

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hahahaha, that reminds me of a quote, I forget by who -

"No one speaks as much about God as an Atheiest"

Hmmm... I can't seem to find the proper source...

Anyway they piss me off, work so hard to kill hope and what do they get if they win, nothing!

Anwyay good joke!

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

j

4. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

SWEET, even though I am ARMY, it takes everyone in my opinion

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

facts time:
    a common missnomer about ahteist's is this. that they have no religion. but athiesism is a religeon. im VERY anti religion(think of me what you will, but keep reading) religion to ME is a way of control. im not saying there is no god, im not saying there is. they way i see it is this: "im here, i do what i want when i want because i want. try to treat others as i would want to be treated no matter how hard it is." if you read my quote you will see a bit more of the way i think.

i dont push my views on anyone, and i dont want anyones views pushed on me. but thats just me.
    Grant

6. Resurrection_Joe

Yeah, a religion is a set of practaces and morals, deistic or not.

I'm more of an Agnostic/Omnisiant kind of guy.

(I invented that last one by the way. Anyone wanna join my religion?)

Really though, any views on afterlife? I think it would be depressing to believe in no furtherment beyond black box dirt sucking (or being smoked like a Lucky Strike).

7. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

what if you are wrong?

8. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what if you are wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I've been on fire. I've been married. I've been in excruciating pain for over a decade. Hell has nothing to frighten me with. I'll take my chances. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I avoid organized religion at all costs. That's not to say that I have no spirituality. I have my own beliefs about the afterlife and higher powers and such, they just don't fit in with any canned religion's, (or with any evolutionists for that matter) so I don't join the club. I don't have all the answers, and I don't feel that anyone else does either. It doesn't bother me, I'll find out eventually. It might be tomorrow, it might be 100 years from now, I'm really not concerned about it. Some people are scared to death (literally) that they don't know what's going to happen, so they join up with one group or another just to feel like they belong and to have the comfort of others sharing the same beliefs. I don't mind being alone in my belief system. More times than not it's a sign that you're on the right track... But I'm nuts, so /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Thing with me is, I don't bash on anyone else for what religion they belong to... If it works for them and improves their lives and/or peace of mind, great. I'm really happy for them. It's when they look down on me or bash me for not having religion, that's when I can get a little brutal on them. To each his own and I'm OK with everyone. Beat on me for my belief system and I can become one ugly MoFo. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. Resurrection_Joe

No harps and halos I guess....

And you miss out on so many crackers and so much wine!

Actually, I don't know who you are replying to and asking a question of, so I made a joke

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i dont believe in god atm, but im sure i will grow out of that
    somethings you just have to find out on your own, not from other poeple

11. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

You are right about religious people looking down on others, it is a shame that some do but I dont think all act that way, but just the same when you get a new locker for you truck and think that it is just what you wanted and think it may help out others we all come on here to share and to benifit without pushing (most of the time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) your views down someone else /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

sry not trying to preach on here because I am not a preacher and no I dont even go to church regularly for many of the reason that was said above, I just think that every things works to well to have happened by accedent /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif