Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

God bless my stupid democratic state

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Nov 11, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20041109.html

They want to band facial tattooing in the state of PA.

[ QUOTE ]
    Finally, there’s one restriction that goes way too far.

(d) Facial tattoos.--It is unlawful for any person other than a corrective cosmetic artist registered under this act, or a physician or surgeon licensed in this Commonwealth, to perform facial tattoo services on any other person.

[/ QUOTE ]

even though at the beginning of the document,
    [ QUOTE ]
    (f) Limitation.--Nothing in this act shall be construed to permit the department to regulate artistic aspects of tattooing, body piercing or corrective cosmetics which are unrelated to health, sanitation, sterilization or safety standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they differentiate between ear piercing at the mall and piercing in a tattoo shop. Even though anyone that gets pierced in the mall is an idiot in my mind. Piercing guns are rarely pulled apart and cleaned after each use, piercing needles in a good shop are autolcaved same as surgical instruments. They also want everyone to register as a Tattoo artist, and if you have any felony convictions they can take away your registration and make it illegal to practice. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Also they differentiate between cosmetic tattooists and the artistic tattooist. If you don't know cosmetic tattooists are people that tattoo permanent facial makeup on people. Whats funny is most cosmetic artists have little to know training beyond a video when they buy their equipment. Where as most tattoo artists went through years of internship learning technique, sterilization, and tons of other skills needed.

I have no plans to tattoo my face but I'm disgusted at the idea my state wants to ban it.

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Sheesh, soon the State will mandate you get a permit to wear unmatched clothing. Move out West /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sheesh, soon the State will mandate you get a permit to wear unmatched clothing. Move out West /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When Tshy's done school I hope to have a steady enough bit of money and job experience to move far out west.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    They also want everyone to register as a Tattoo artist, and if you have any felony convictions they can take away your registration and make it illegal to practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well , that would get rid of most tattoo artists , maybe even the one who did the work on my arm /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm pretty certain at least one of my artists would be gone. Not sure if any of them have been busted, definetally done some stuff that would get a felony conviction though.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah! that sucks! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

7. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow...they're really getting outta hand over in PA.. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I heard a couple months ago...
    A man admitted drinking a 6 pack of beer a day..to his doctor.
    The doctor reported him to the BMV...
    And now...he has NO drivers liscense..
    He was never charged with a DUI. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

and the one on my arm, too.