Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

God Damn Old People

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Carried my Smith open to work tonight. Old guy says "Just because it's legal doesn't mean you should do it." Skewed the joy of my day I tell you.

**** him, let's just hope he never has to experience the true reason for carry lesson, because that's a hard one to learn, and sometimes, you don't come back from class.

RARHHRHRH! I'M PISSY!

Oh well, I like carrying my both my automatics concealed better anyway

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Last day an 80 year old asked me how old I was 2 times in five minutes. he had alteimers (sp?)

3. Resurrection_Joe

Alzheimers is sad, this guys just had his head up his ass

4. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

steve... you must speak german... alt in german means old... so you just said old timer's without even realizing it. =)

Anyway, since you asked about the spelling of the word, I believe it's Alzheimers, but don't quote me on that.

5. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

He has the right to his opinion, just like you do. Other than LEO, I see no logical reason to carry in the open. It just makes people nervous, and makes you a target, but if you are willing to put up with the hassle, so be it.

6. Resurrection_Joe

No it wasn't the open thing, it was carrying at all

I never carry openly unless I'm on a quick trip anyway, and I don't want to dress around my guns

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just tell him you are legal too carry, and it's your right. Ask him would he like it if someone came in too rob the place and you didn't have something too say his life with.

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I cant imagine the **** i would go through around here if i carryed open(if i had a carrying permit) I have a hard enough time when I wear my pliers around :crazy:

Dont Sweat It RJ hes got an opinion and a ideal as do you, its life

9. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I don't see the big deal about open carry. Everyone seems to think it's so bad. Of the 2, I think open carry is better because it's pro-active ...

You don't get robbed at the ATM because the guy casing it, see's your packing, and waits for an easier target ... like RJ's old guy. :p: :wink1:

On the other hand, w/ CC he may give you a try, thereby forcing you take action that deals with either you handing over your cash, or pulling your weapon.

:dunno: just my opinion anyway ..

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Of course there is always the third type that will "give you a try" if he does not see the gun and shoot you from behind to steal it if he does. I managed a liquor store on the "wrong side of town" years ago and we specifically would not let anyone carry open because we figured that it would force a fight when the register $$ was insured anyway. Better to let them have the $$ if that's all they wanted.

As to the "old" dude - there are more people that are afraid of non LEO's carrying than not.

11. txfiremank5

I don't really see "him" as part of the open carry/CC equasion. The reason being, there is no way to prevent that persons actions except to not come into contact with him at all... which is uncontrolable. He's just as likely to shoot a LEO for his gun .. since he's obvioulsy off his gourd anyway. In the situation you described, the ATM guy is going to be confronted with a criminal act either way .. armed, or unarmed, OC or CC .. so it's a moot point.

I still think that open carry is more pro-active than CC. I beleive that OC will more times than not, prevent the crime from occurring more than CC, or unarmed will. I would think, it would be a fact.

12. txfiremank5

I can understand that, with employee's, that's the way to go. In that situation, with money being the "target" of the crime .. that's the best thing to do.

However, money is not the only "objective" to every violent crime. I'm not about to "hand over" my daughter to a rapist .. just because it fullfills a non-confrontational outcome.

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not to be a PITA, but i doubt your daughter carries and no one is likely to try anything with you around, so that is a bit irrelevant. All I'm saying is that there are a lot of people that don't like the sight of guns in public (or maybe at all) and carrying in the open probably dosen't help. it just adds fuel to the fire in most instances when CC would not and would afford you the same level of protection. I carry open during hunting season on the way out and back and I get some harsh looks even then.

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

how do you carry RJ?

conseld and un?

i read something about cops can get an intimadation charge if they lay there hand on there gun (when not ready to draw)

if you carry on your hip it could make people more nervous every time you drop your hand.

i have seen holsters that are padded and fit inside you pants and clip over your belt, and on the other side of the clip (outside) you can have different things like a knive seath, multi tool flashligh holder,zippo holder or badge holder.

that way you could carry consealed with out a seconed shirt or jackit

15. txfiremank5

OK .. all I'm saying is, there are more circumstances than just taking the easy route and handing over some cash. If someone wants the 120.00 dollars I just got out of the ATM .. I'd give it to them. I make 3 times that in one shift at work, so I'm really not going to miss it. But, if someone wants the 100 year old pocket watch my grandfather gave me.. they'll hear the bark of my Colt before anything else. As for someone pulling something with my daughter with me around.. it's unlikely, but it's not unheard of. If someone will rob me, what's to stop another from trying to force her into a vehicle etc.? But, yes, you're right.. it's less likely. Just like it's less likely to find someone who's willing to rob another person, who has a pistol on his hip. My presence, the gun's presence.... like you said, no one is likely to try anything.. point made about the OC.

As for who likes OC ... theres too many soft ass liberals out there, and I'm not in the buisness of trying to please them. They do things I don't like, I do things they don't like.. it's sort of a trade off. :wink1:

16. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I would have looked him square in the eye and said "Just cuz Medicare is there doens't mean you need to use it"

Fsck him... grumpy old turd :D

17. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Come back with "just because you can reproduce does'nt mean YOU should, old man".

18. Resurrection_Joe

99.9% Concealed

I cary my Ruger at 4 o'clock in a Don Hume Belt Slide and my Taurus a little before 12 o'clock crossdraw in a Don Hume IWB