Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

God has answered my prayers!!!!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by AzzKicker, Dec 1, 2002.

1. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

My truck shifts like a sports car!!!!!!!!! I bypassed that VRV valve and connected hose from vacum pump directily to tube that goes to modulator and whala!!! my truck shifts SOOOO freaking smooth I cant even tell when it shifts!!!! i shyt you not. It may shift a little early, but that could be cuz i need to re-adjust my modulator now. I have never been so happy to want to drive a truck till now!!!

2. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

That's cool.

Personally, my prayers all involve Elizabeth Hurley /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif or the Lotto... Why waste them on a truck? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Glad to hear it!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

so yall know i'm new to the auto tranny biz and i saw your remark about adjusting your modulator and i was wondering how do you do it incase mine needs adjusting when i put it in tomorrow /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    thanks a lot,
    Jerry

5. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

Your VRV must have been shot. I would recommend installing a new one because with the modulator hooked straight to the vacuum pump, the trans thinks that there is no load on it and reduces pressures. It is ok for driving around empty, but the tranny needs the higher pressures when towing to prevent excessive slip. Dont go to the dealer, when I checked they wanted about $90, call diesel depot @ 800-553-8192 and ask for Benny. He just sent me one for $30, well actually they forgot to send it out and when I called back after a week, he sent it for free! Nice folks

6. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

Oh most definatly I'm going to replace it. I'm just glad I found the problem before I through tranny away /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I mean when i had it hooked up to vrv it SHIFTED SOOOOOOO BAD!!! It would snap your neck, truck would rev high and sound like shyt. 90!! ouch, I will call Diesel Depot for SURE.

Is there a part # i need or its a pretty standard item that they'll know what i need.

7. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

Just tell him its for a 6.2 with a turbo 400

8. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

They should get a website /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif