Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

God I Love Kids!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I was at the gas station today, filling the truck up and cleaning my windows when a little kid and his mom walked by. He couldnt have been more than 4 or 5 and he walked by, staring at the Blazer. Then with traditional little kid articulation I heard him say "I like you truck!". I didnt catch it first, couldnt understand what he said for sure but I thought thats what he said. He comes back out of the station with his mom again and sure he enough he said it again. Then as he was getting back in his station wagon he said it once more and he kept looking at the thing with a look of wonder in his eyes and a grin on his face. Looks like I've got a fan club now, lol.

Two lanes wide, twelve yards long, sixty-five tons of American pride....Canyanero!

2. kwcdawgfan

kwcdawgfan Registered Member

My 3 1/2 pitches and absolute fit if he sees me getting in my k5 and is not able to go with me... Couple of weeks ago we took the back seat out and went camping the mountains of ga and tooled around the mountains and in one place you go off the road and drive into the river and go up river for about 50yds and exit out onto a trail... His teachers told me to let them know next time so the can call in sick the following monday... Said all they heard ALL day long was about riding around in his and daddys blazer... Gotta Love Them...

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I like rolling through my girlfriends neighborhood and hearing the kids yell "nice truck." I guess all the dents and rust don't bother them...as long as its lifted.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

My 2 year old (which may I add is a girl) loves to help her daddy work on my car and always wants to go in daddy's truck. I'm gonna hate to see it when he gets the Jimmy home and starts working on that. I'm sure she won't leave his side then. She won't leave his tools or his tool box alone. She'll even tell you that she is daddy's girl. He thinks it is great. If this continue's he may be putting a truck together for her in the future. And i'm sure that she would be right by his side then too.

[​IMG]<font color=purple>Wayne's Muddy Wife</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>Donna</font color=purple>

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The bigger the tires and higher it is the more kids will give you that deer in the head light watchin' tv open mouth stare. It's pretty funny and never gets old! :-)

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

6. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I only have 31" tires with a 1"+ lift. I think the KC's up top and the 54" whip got em though, lol.

Two lanes wide, twelve yards long, sixty-five tons of American pride....Canyanero!

7. herauf

herauf Registered Member

i know the feeling. mine isn't even running and all the neighbor kids walk by and say, "i want that one" wait till it's done....

8. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

I have a 2 yr old and he likes riding in my 2000 doge ram, because it sits pretty high. But i can't wait til i get me jimmy project done. He will want to ride in that all the time. Kids are the coolest.

Dirt don't hurt.

9. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Hahaha! [​IMG]
    I see it like this... kids (as well as many college females might I add) love anything lifted up and loud as heck. This will be my second truck and will be a bit bigger and nicer hopefully, but my past cars drew kids like flys... My drag car Trans am caused a huge mess everytime I drove it over to my ex-gf's place... her lil bro and sis wanted to go for a ride and her old man would blow his top roaring..."d@mn punk kids... d@mn thing louder then the jets at my work... disturbing the peace.. raz a fraz'n" LOL... I love It! [​IMG]

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have 2 kids both boys 6&7 and i drive them too and from school every day they love rideing in the blazer and all the kids at their school allways stare and say nice truck waight till i lift it lol. i can not go wheeling without them if i try they through a fit lol so we make it a family thing and they love it

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud [​IMG]

11. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

My kids play a game called TAPTAP They yell TAPTAP when ever they see a cool car, truck that they want in their collection. They always put each others car down (cos they're jealous) but they always compliment each others blazers no matter WHAT they look like. Its a fun game, I catch myself playing all the time!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

12. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I like the double and triple takes when they can't tell what color your blazer is from all the mud on it.

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

13. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Man, I can't even wash the Blazer in front of my house anymore, 4 or 5 kids come peddling up on their bikes and want to help me wash it. [​IMG] They all want to know where I got my "Monster Truck". It seems like everytime I have it out in the driveway the little boy from two doors down likes to drive his little motorized Jeep by about a hundred times, I hope he grows out of the Jeep thing though.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

14. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think if we can impress the 2-10 year old kids and the college age women, we're doing something right! Mostly the kids, they know what's really cool. I think I'd rather hear "nice truck" from a little kid than from an adult. I still have one of my "Stompers". The rest of them bit the dust to donate big tires and the cool little motors. Now I actually get to drive a Stomper, how much better can it get?

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

15. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Stompers need to make a very serious comeback!!! Those were the coolest toys. Who makes 'em? Mattel? I'm gonna start lobbying!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

16. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

My 3 year old Son saw some kids on bikes checking out my Blazer and ran to the window and started yelling, my Daddy's truck, my Daddy's truck, then started jumping up and down swearing at them in some sort of baby lingo, i almost lost my lunch laughing so hard. GOD I LOVE THAT KID

Bigmeats

[​IMG]

17. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

LMAO! That's so funny - baby swearing!

I don't have kids, but my buddy's 3 year old loves my truck and my Blazer even more. We went for a ride in my '72 Blazer with the top off, my buddy put him in the back seat in his car seat - we drove all through town with a 3-year old with his hands in the air like he was on a roller coaster! He loved it - he keeps buggin' his dad - "when are we gonna ride in Ben's truck again?" Poor kid - his parents own 2 Hondas!

18. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

My son (2 years old) hasn't worked on the blazer with me yet, but he sure loves it. He's always grabbing my four wheel magazines and looking at the pictures and saying "WOW" and "COOOOOL".

89 K5 Silverado
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com>http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com</A>

19. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

My kid is a tad bit older than most of yours, 17 to be exact. Start saving now guys, because they will grow up to want vehicles like their dads. Then it starts all over, you will have to buy a vehicle and start working on it. I can honestly say it is one of the greates experiences you will ever have as fathers to work closely with your sons or daughters and really teach them something. The Jimmy is my son's daily driver, he is very proud of it and taks good care of it. He has had to earn the money to do some of the mods, and has helped with everything that has been done. It is worth ever penny we have spent and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Derf00 on 03/03/01 05:55 AM (server time).</FONT></P>